Jan Brockwell Woods Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Had a great overnighter this weekend, nice to be out for the first proper time this year.

Great to meet some more guys off the forum too

Took a fair few pics so here is the link to all of them

http://picasaweb.google.com/rchambe...authkey=Gv1sRgCPHy2e_zytGsjgE&feat=directlink

And here are a few teasers

P1000026.JPG

P1000028.JPG

P1000027.JPG

P1000037.JPG

P1000043.JPG

P1000048.JPG

P1000062.JPG

P1000065.JPG

P1000079.JPG

We woke up to snow just not as much as we might have liked. Still a great weekend and watching the crown of a pigeon being removed in seconds and without tools was quite a sight

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
ooooh i can still taste that sausage suprise!!!

and waking up with snow gently touching my cheek was awesome!!!

N

nomis

Hi there lads hope you all had a great night, it was good to meet up with you guys at Brockwell on sat afternoon i hope you enjoyed the pigeons i gave you and was good to catch up with some like minded people.
Sorry for my ignorance but one of you guys i cant remember your name had a neck knife and you said you had got if from a lad on bushcraft uk is there any chance you could give me his details cheers simon
ps I will look forward to joining you on the next meet

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hi there lads hope you all had a great night, it was good to meet up with you guys at Brockwell on sat afternoon i hope you enjoyed the pigeons i gave you and was good to catch up with some like minded people.
Sorry for my ignorance but one of you guys i cant remember your name had a neck knife and you said you had got if from a lad on bushcraft uk is there any chance you could give me his details cheers simon
ps I will look forward to joining you on the next meet

Heyup Simon.!!!

nice one mate,....

it was so nice to bump into a fellow outdoorsy type while we were there,...

thanks for the pigeons mate,..

i had the little necker with me,...

if you look in the members list here fo FYGT, i,m sure Duncan will stick you on the waiting list for one...hahaha

I will keep you abreast of movements regards the next meet,...

cheers again,...

Stu,...

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Does that mean you fell out of the hammock and woke up in the snow then Stu ? :)

oh mate,...

Chris took a load of plastic bottles full of what tasted like ribena, and other such harmless drinks,....

and for medicinal reasons i had a few snifters ,...cos of the cold you know,..hahaha

but luckily no,..i managed to stay in the hammock,,thanks to my perfect balance ,..AND your karabiners,...hahaha

so cheers mate,...altho,...if we're talking falling out of hammocks,.......ask Rich (Chambers) all about it,.....

ahhhaha

Stu

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
oh mate,...

Chris took a load of plastic bottles full of what tasted like ribena, and other such harmless drinks,....

and for medicinal reasons i had a few snifters ,...cos of the cold you know,..hahaha

but luckily no,..i managed to stay in the hammock,,thanks to my perfect balance ,..AND your karabiners,...hahaha

so cheers mate,...altho,...if we're talking falling out of hammocks,.......ask Rich (Chambers) all about it,.....

ahhhaha

Stu

Yeah it wasnt fun, and being half asleep I just laid there for a second wondering what had happened.

You putting up your pics Stu?

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey up gents........

sorry the bow drill did not go to plan, next time dudes, adleast you have a set to try with now anyway........the forge went well thanks to Stue for the pipe and "working" hammer with a handle...lol....we will carry it on next time.......

chris....

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
hey up gents........

sorry the bow drill did not go to plan, next time dudes, adleast you have a set to try with now anyway........the forge went well thanks to Stue for the pipe and "working" hammer with a handle...lol....we will carry it on next time.......

chris....

hahaha,...

Yeah the moral there is,...take a spare lump hammer...lol,..tho i never heard of anyone ever breaking one,...

dont sweat the bowdrill man,..haha

yeah Chris ,..thanks for the givaways mate very thoughtfull of you, i,m gonna give the bow drill a go tommorow i reckon,...

Stu

Dec 19, 2004
Tyne and Wear
Looks like you had a great time. Photos were great. Ill keep my eyes peeled for the next meet.
One question, how warm were you in the hammocks?

Presume the medicinal/herbal drinks did the trick for holding off the cold!!

Really looking forward the next meet now.
All the best
Ian

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
You actually fell out ? How did you manage it ?

I have no idea, I think I was still half asleep and when I thought my **** was in the hammock it turns out it was just over the back. Needless to say, floor connection was imminent.

hey up gents........

chris....

Dont sweat it mate, I can honestly say I speak for everyone in saying it was a great few days with plenty to do. Plus it gives us things to do next time

One question, how warm were you in the hammocks?

Presume the medicinal/herbal drinks did the trick for holding off the cold!!

I was plenty toasty in my hammock with a 3 season bag and an underquilt. Stu was using wool blankets and another hammock underneath as a hammock and I think he was warm to, no complaints that I heard :p

Last edited:

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Nice pics RC! A few observations...

Nice lounge chair Chris. Your sleeping area is a basic soldier's hootch...can't take the soldier out of the happy camper (not that I would even want to). :D

The tripod and stew look great. The bannocks look a treat.

Raikey, the picture of you holding the newly made blade..."let me see your war face...let me see your real war face...you don't scare me! Work on it." comes to mind. :D

Can't beat a good fire and great fellowship. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to your outings.

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE