Jamie at home - wild mushrooms CH4 20:00

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Just before wild gourmets, jamie goes searching for wild mushrooms in the forest.
Could this be the last in the series for Oliver?:lmao:

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Just before wild gourmets, jamie goes searching for wild mushrooms in the forest.
Could this be the last in the series for Oliver?:lmao:

Very funny :lmao:

I think I've talked one of my college lecturers into getting an expert to take us on a fungi identification trip (it's for the Identification of Species module). It's something I really want to learn about.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
T'aint id ing them Rebel its finding them I have a problem with at the mo!
Must be looking in the wrong place.
Dave

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Considerably more of Mr Oliver than I could stomach, I'm afraid, but his mushroom hunting pal is a hoot! Somebody give that man his own programme!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I enjoyed that. I'm not the biggest Jamie Oliver fan (not that I'm his worse critic either) if the truth be told but that was very good. Both he and his mushroom buddy really put a smile on my face, and his food looked top notch too.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Of all the famous TV chefs, I think Jamie Oliver is about the best, he's down to earth, a good bl**dy chef and doesn't make food look too hard to get your head around and for those critics amongst you if you have ever read any of his books and used his recipies and directions you would know how good he is at getting people like myself producing very decent food in no time at all!
I enjoy all of his programs and have become a hell of a better cook because of them.
Just my pennies worth...:rolleyes:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Of all the famous TV chefs, I think Jamie Oliver is about the best, he's down to earth, a good bl**dy chef and doesn't make food look too hard to get your head around and for those critics amongst you if you have ever read any of his books and used his recipies and directions you would know how good he is at getting people like myself producing very decent food in no time at all!
I enjoy all of his programs and have become a hell of a better cook because of them.

I agree Greg. I like Jamie Oliver. :You_Rock_ He's a blokes chef. None of the poncy, pretentious, little drizzled fancy food. Just good, tasty, fairly simple food. I've got a few of his books and just bought 'Jamie at home' http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0718152433/30000428-21/?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE last week. An excellent book. I like Rick Stein too............because I love fish :D and Huge furry whittlin tool makes me laugh with some of his quips "ever since I arrived, I've had my eye on Ted's vegetables" :lmao:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.

Whilst I do like Jamie O and have a huge respect for the work he has done in forcing the government to rethink the amount of crap that is allowed to pass as school lunch and also giving underprivileged kids a chance in the fifteen chain of restaurants, I am more of a Rick Stein man, I love fish and seafood and the way Rick has championed free-range, local produce for years is great. Another favourite is Hugh F-W, I can watch the river cottage series again and again for obvious reasons.

:offtopic:

Anyway, apologies for the off topic slant. I myself missed both Jamie At Home and Wild Gourmets :11doh:

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Very funny :lmao:

I think I've talked one of my college lecturers into getting an expert to take us on a fungi identification trip (it's for the Identification of Species module). It's something I really want to learn about.

Where abouts in Herts are you? If you're in Hatfield I can tell you where a few species are....

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
My college is in Enfield just next to the M25 and I live in Barnet so Hatfield isn't far away. A day trip to Hatfield would definitely be feasible for us.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I don't think that these would be feasible for you to forage for as a group as they're on the Uni campus!

Only a few species as well so probably not much value in it. Puffballs, St George's & Shaggy inkcaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE