Jacket quest ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
G

Ginja

Greetings all. Posting this thread as a favour to a mate who's desperately in search of a new jacket ...

Now he's by no means the 'outdoors type', but he wants a decent, waterproof jacket that he can use for everyday use - on his bike in the Manchester rain, down the pub without looking like the 'eternal rambler' - but also something that would be just about pass on the hills (on a good day ...). He also wants the jacket to have some kind of lining (rather than being a shell), and finally, he wants it in olive green. Something ex-military would be ideal, but no DPM. And the budget has to be roughly £80-£100.

Anything spring to mind? Let me know if it does ... and apologies that this ain't strictly a 'bushcraft kit' request - but you lot are such a gold mine of information that I couldn't resist! :biggthump

Cheers,

G

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
What about an M65 with lining. I think you can get them like that. Gary will tell you more. Best thing is you can buy exactly the same on the high street for way more money. Just checked not sure if the liner is waterproof. GARY?!!!

Bill

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
I love my drillite plus, it's not olive green but it's fabulous for the bike, one of the best purchases I ever made. Is light breathable and takes a good amount of rain. Don't know if they do a green version for the blokes. :?:

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
willie said:
How about the swedish issue m90 smock with quilted liner and hood??

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/800/shopscr2498.html

cheers

That´s for the cold winter...

How about something like this

- Waterproof jacket in silent, brushed G-1000 ®, lined with Hydratic
- silent construction.
- Waterproof hood concealed in the collar.
- Bellow folds in the back for best freedom of movement.
- Zip with two-way opening at the front.
- 2 spacious fleece-lined chest pockets.
- 2 fleece-lined front pockets, opening from two sides.Extra roomy Napoleon
- pocket, e.g. for binoculars.
- Concealed radio pocket in waterproof nylon.

On the inside:
- Chest pocket with zip and 2 large lower pockets for extra equipment.
- Extra button on the collar to tighten up around the neck in cold weather.

90358.jpg

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Viking said:
Where can I get one of these?

The Dutch Army! Sorry
I would imagine surplus store that sells dutch kit.
Its part of a cold weather jacket which comes in three parts 1)combat jacket outer 2) goretex "stealth" liner 3) fur-pile liner.
They are very good kit, pack small and make any garment waterproof.
Neil :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE