Jacket liner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Special Air-Sea services sell a Gortex jacket liner for £24.99. Havn't got one myself so I can't really comment on how good they are.

If you want a look their web site is www.sasskit.co.uk

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
I've got a goretex jacket liner from SASS - it does a fine job of stopping the wet from outside my jacket getting to me, but so far it hasn't really been cold enough for me to wear it comfortably

Actually, that's not quite true - on a wet and windy day the liner did a good job of keeping me warm while the jacket dried out - I've found that, once wet, my jacket feels very cold in the wind til it's dried out again

It should get more use in the new year though

zen

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2004
Dorset
I got one of the Dutch Army Goretex liners from SASS recently with the intention of trying it in my M65. The sales and service were great and the liner certainly looks the part, but in the end I didn't use it as it was a bit longer than the M65 at the back, and also it would have required different button locations to the regular M65 cold weather liner, which would have made it really hard to use both liners or to swap between them.

In the end I got a lightweight ripstop nylon poncho on ebay. I think I prefer this as the M65 should never get wet enough to be cold or need drying out. Haven't yet tried it in any real serious rain though. Also the ponch has more potential uses (shelter, groundsheet etc).

Now that you've reminded me I'll put the Goretex liner up for sale in the classifieds for £20 including post - it's an XL.

:biggthump

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
zen said:
In the end I got a lightweight ripstop nylon poncho on ebay. I think I prefer this as the M65 should never get wet enough to be cold or need drying out. Haven't yet tried it in any real serious rain though. Also the ponch has more potential uses (shelter, groundsheet etc).

That's a good point - stop the rain getting on the jacket, or stop it getting to you?

After much agonising, I've finally realised that it's a matter of context - when I'm cycling (I'm the real bicycling bushcrafter :rolmao: ) I'll use the liner and when I'm on foot I'll use my poncho

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE