jack pyke bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobo2

Jan 22, 2011
cumbria
hi all! does anyone here use a jackpyke knife? i picked up what i think is called a bushman the other day. its a largeish fixed blade with camo scales and sheath. both discarded, i made new scales ouy of wood and a leather sheath for it, also polished the blade to a mirror finnish. its a good wood knife. for splitting etc. i paid £23.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
doesnt look any good for a strong cut because of the guard and distance from the edge from that guard too. however not bad for the price.

M

markal

iv got this knife and its a realy good all round knife it stays sharp and is very well made
i take it every were i go
great knife

I

IBrown

I returned one of those Jack Pike knives. My daughter bought it for me for Xmas, it came in a lovely presentation tin wasn't to happy with the sheath. My missis asked me to make her a walking stick, so at the end of December we went for a walk and i found a good Hazel with a fork for thumb and chopped it down. Wipped the knife on my jeans and it frayed my jeans. I looked at the knife and there was a chip in the blade, how this happened i don't know as the Hazel was about 3/4 inch thick, no batoning required. I sent it back for a refund and bought a Mora 840 and an 860 for less than the price of the JP knife.

M

markal

iv cut loads of wood and it is great for cutting rope sorry to hear you had a bad one

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I can't honestly say I have ever heard good reports of any of the jack pyke kit. - It all looks pretty sh** to me.

Get a mora - if you haven't already.

Andy

M

markal

most of the kit iv seen does not look like it would stand up to much but the knife hasn't let me down yet touch wood
lol il def have a look at a Mora 840
thanks mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE