I've had a bit of a long break but I'm back!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey all,

Funny way to introduce myself you say, I know.

Well I was a member here many many years ago. In fact I went to the very first (and second) Bushmoot back in the early days. Unfortunately, having spoken to Tony it would appear my old account was cleaned up sometime ago when forum admins were unable to get a hold of me. Most likely due to me having used a long lost email address.

So where have I been. Well, Bushcraft never left me but other hobbies developed and so it might have taken a backseat. That is in addition to my job working for HMG plus a spell in the army and as a member of a Mountain Rescue team - I've been busy!

As my health changes and I can no longer be quite as active as I used to be, or would like to be, I'm just getting back into the whole Bushcraft thing. In particular, at the moment woodwork/carving/whittling so I'll be keen to scoure the forum for any tips I can pick up in that area. On that first Bushmoot I actually made a long bow in one of the workshops.

Tony sent me a picture of that early one and I remember some faces. In particular I remember Chris (if you are still about). We met up once or twice. You might remember we did a beach combe for food and then spent the night in a wood on a fern bed we made up. Be good to catch up with you again.

I see BCUK (do you still call it that?) has grown massively and seems to be a runaway success these days. Congratulations.

Anyway all the best for now and I'll see you around.

Marc

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Nice intro, re-intro, or whatever it’s called, it’s good you’ve been busy enough to need a bit of a sit down at the virtual campfire. :)

Last edited:
Yay! I just found me. My old username was marcja and a search reveals lots of mentions going back to 2005.

This is one of the guys I seem to remember well. I'm blowing - who is that next to me - that's one of the faces I remember really well (@Tony ) I remember that day we played with an AtlAtl too.

Good times.
90b48074dc9f88a41306a723dfda734d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE