I've Caught The Mora Bug...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Yep, now I've gone and caught the Mora bug. No not some new emerging disease from the Congo, but the fantastic steel knives from Sweden. I truly don't know why I waited so long to purchase one. After reading numerous post's about them here and on other forums you would have thought that I would have rushed out years ago to buy one, nah uh.
Was cycling by an unknown to me outdoors store when I heard a faint voice calling my name. Stopped my bike, got off and started to walk into the store being drawn to some unknown Siren's song. The clerk behind the desk must have seen this look on my face before, as she pointed to the back of the store saying " The Mora's are back there sir ".
Feet leaden, heart racing, I zombie-walked to the knife display, and there on the display case encased in an ethereal glow was a Mora Companion. Oh the joy in knowing that I had finally found my long sought after perfect knife. The knife clerk stepped back a bit, and stammered out " It's a good solid knife, and on sale for $ 20". Probably sensing that I was a Mora Virgin, he said " go ahead, give it a try". I grasped the handle and shuddered, thinking ' This Is The One!"
O.K. back to reality :p This is a wonderful knife, and I'm glad I've finally taken the plunge. For such an inexpensive knife, I can't recall a knife feeling so comfortable in my hand. Stainless steel that's surgically sharp, I can hardly wait to try it out this weekend.
Thought I would share that with you, now it's off to a 'too many knives rehab meeting' this evening. ;)
Cheers
(happy new Mora knife owner)Alex

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That siren's song is seductive innit? I bought yet another one at The Moot recently. Didn't need one, have no use for another knife but that song started and I went into trance mode. Ended up with a mini Svord peasant as well.

Damn this A.D.O.S. condition I now have! Since joining BCUK and seeing all the pretty toy you people have, I find I can resist anything except temptation.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Ha ha ha!!

I actually pictured in my mind the scene as you you went in to the shop (Zombified!! ) ;)

I only have one Mora and it's an old thing!, Don't know if it ever had a name though :confused:

M3.jpg

M4.jpg

M1.jpg

It's quite small!!

M5.jpg

Cheers, John :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE