I've Bottled It

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
They may have had them for sometime, but I only saw them today. But Poundland are selling aluminium water bottles (in a variety of colours) for...a pound!
They hold a pint/500ml.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Any chance you could meaure it for us durulz. I`m interested in the diameter and height for yet another hobbo stove. For a quid I might be interested in a couple to chop up.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Rich,

How would the alu stand the heat?

I have used a £1 bottle this year. A couple of dents but otherwise seems ok.Not sure what extra you get with Sigg.

Cheers,
Steve

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Well I`ve had a set of alu Bulldogs for going on 20 years and they`re still going strong. I reckon the water bottles should stand up to it pretty well.

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
i think you need pretty intense heat to light aluminium, more than youd generate in a little stove.. . but i could be wrong

It needs to be hot enough to vapourise the aluminium oxide coating, so about 2500C, not something you'll get even with a good coke furnace.

It would possibly melt though, 625C.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Any chance you could meaure it for us durulz. I`m interested in the diameter and height for yet another hobbo stove. For a quid I might be interested in a couple to chop up.

Yup - will do.
Hold on....
...has an external diameter of approx 3"/70mm. And is 130mm to the neck, 190mm to the top of the screw lid.
Can't go wrong for a quid.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE