I've been lurking

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Good stuff! :D Get get some sneaky surfs on poor waves that a surfboard won't cope with too.

What board have you got?

I've had regular access to a JP Australia Allround Air LE but i don't own one yet, i'm tempted but want a new canoe first

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks @Tony i'm only 43 but i feel like i'm in a bucket list mentality now, who knows how long we've really got but i had a thick taste of invalidity and my potential older ages and I am doing everything i can to make sure my actual old age is better than the preview I have had for the last 8 years.

I'm liking the bright new look too i've not seen this Xenforo skins/theme setup, we done a similar upgrade last year on Mycotek to the 2017 Xenforo but we don't have this trim, we use 'DragonByte add ones' for the final look and tweaks, is this just a clean theme from Audentio or do they do modification add on packs? (nerding out) :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I hear ya, I'm 48 and endevouring to be slimmer and fitter for the future, got a lot of years left hopefully!

The theme is a basic one, UI.X, this kept thigns simple and allowed some personal tweaking by members that wanted a different look.
It's been an interesting move from vBulletin to Xenforo :D

Reactions: GGTBod

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I hear ya, I'm 48 and endevouring to be slimmer and fitter for the future, got a lot of years left hopefully!

The theme is a basic one, UI.X, this kept thigns simple and allowed some personal tweaking by members that wanted a different look.
It's been an interesting move from vBulletin to Xenforo :D

Vbulletin was canny for years but then got glitchy and slow especially relating to media adding, I'm almost enjoying xenforo but it has its own set of glitches and issues which seem related to the login cookies across multiple devices and some folks keep getting randomly logged out no matter how many times they click the stay logged in tab

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I've had regular access to a JP Australia Allround Air LE but i don't own one yet, i'm tempted but want a new canoe first

Nice. Seen a lot of the JPs around but not tried one.

My first was a homemade hollow wood, then I got a McConks inflatable, a Loco Inca hardboard (they're based near you I think), and the lad has a pelican plastic 8' lump.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Hi bod

Nice to see you back , I’ve been following your yoga on you tube , great to hear your feeling more engaged with things ...,,

Thanks Rob, the yoga has been a keystone part of the whole fight back, i'm humbly amazed by it i'm walking stronger than i have in a decade and getting my life back bit by bit, i've had to lay off the yoga for a couple of weeks due to a chest injury caused kayak surfing but i am very keen to get back on it, wish i'd been doing it for years :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
@Stew those JP are good solid boards and it is hard to believe they are inflatables until you let the air out, when i get better at the standing unaided i'll enjoy them more, hopefully i'll be great for that next summer.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Seen the photos earlier in the thread, awesome, I must say that for someone who has gone through the mill you look extraordinarily happy in all your videos and photos :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Seen the photos earlier in the thread, awesome, I must say that for someone who has gone through the mill you look extraordinarily happy in all your videos and photos :)

When you go through any personal hardship especially if over an extended duration it refocuses to you what really matters, all that life i wasted with such amazing physical ability and potential i took it for granted, i never thought i was taking it for granted until something whipped the rug out from under me and took it away, now every chance that i can focus enough i dig through the mind mess and try and grab life with my teeth and hang on like a pitbull, those pictures also show me actually catching my very ever wave on my first lesson after 2 hours of falling off a lot with zero style or grace so those smiles are well earned :D walking a wave .... i have yet to find the words worthy ... wish i'd been doing it since i was 12, i could easily have as i've lived 12 mile from the ocean i am doing it in now for most of my life, so no point me blubbing about the what ifs and could have beens (done enough of that over the last decade) and make some things happen, 90% of the time my plans fall apart spectacularly but i just keep plodding on and plotting along and every now and then i pull something off, so much so people who don't know the full story could think i live the life of an adventurer.

I got a comment last week on a Youtube video that lifted my soul, lad commented positive about me smiling and going for it, he'd only just found my channel and watched a single vid, in the vid i am ear to ear smiles and he said how he wished he could with health and stuff in the way, i PM'd him and sent him links to my videos of me struggling to repair my body and mind and explained about how during the edit i choose what you see and i leave all the grimacing and swear words on the cutting room floor, he watched a couple of my little vids and said it lifted him and helped him motivate to think less defeatist about his own ability to fight through his pain for progress, had tears of joy running down my face, he is in his late 20's bad health, piled weight on and is fighting to not die from weight related nonsense in his early 30's if he keeps going as he is, now we keep in touch, never dreamed sharing my stuff would have that effect on anybody, i like to think there are more out there who just don't comment but are getting the same lift.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Very good. We had a scare a few weeks ago from Hurricane Michael but the main storm missed us just to the east and we took only some thunderstorms and moderate winds in the end.

Down on the pan handle there you get some serious weather rolling at you, never been in a hurricane and don't ever wanna be either :)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks @Fadcode i'm definitely not used to that stand point and sitting here blushing to myself :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE