I've been bitten by a dog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Hi Mary,

My own experience of Alsatian initially, is from my youth.

We got a fully trained bitch from a broken home,who was just amazing.

But ferocious about her territory,she certainly was.

Unfortunately one of my pals wee brother came to my door and dog got out,he ran into the lawn and naturally turned his back,that was when dog went for him.Before that she would only bark if you faced her.

Later in my job I witnessed the same characteristics with Alsatian.

I think it's the same instinct with big cats.

Sorry you endured it but hey join the club;)

Tom.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Great bit of info. While at uni, my landlady had her forearm broken by her own dog (kelpie/lab cross) when it got in a fight with another dog. She tried to separate them from the sharp end and her dog grabbed her arm by mistake.

R

rdevonshire

All animals are unpredictable, no matter what training they've had. It is in their nature to defend them selves if they feel threatened or something they represent is threatened; how a dog reacts to that sort of situation is dependent but not predictable.

Simple fact.

ncarvajal

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2008
UK - Colombia - Norway
Hey Raptordog

What type of dog is that in your picture? It looks like a presa canario or cane corso type but too small for me to tell. Also is it your dog or just a pic off the net?

Best,
NC

Raptordog

Aug 22, 2006
swamps of Barnsley
Correct on the first account, you certainly know your dogs there my friend, most people have not heard of a Presa Canario lol.
Been studying the breed since 1998 and owned them for around 8 years, they are mainly working curto bloodlines used mostly for service /personal protection type duties.
A great breed but not suitable for all and fast becoming an ego/ penis extension status symbol for the want to be hard man/ thugs of the world which will be their undoing along with the many great breeds before them. :(

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Sorry to hear that Mary,
I've been bitten three times, the last time when getting between a farm collie and my daughter while out for the weekend camping, I'd to go to hospital for the big bum jag! I think you all know whats coming next, report it and let the authorities deal with it, It's an acident waiting to happen,
jon

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Pleeeeease don't take me as sexist, but from what I've seen of dog bites/ human canine-interaction, dogs are usually alot 'nicer' to women. They always seem to come to my mum and just end up growling at me or facing off with me. There was a funny incident like this when I went to a wolf sanctuary in Montana :rolleyes: Lets just say I was close to having shepherds pie in my knickers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE