Iv found another new love in leather-work! Pyrography

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
lovely lovely work that skull, If he is not thrilled with it I think I'll eat my shoe.
And yeah Linds her work is amazing, she also did some amazing work on John Fenna his Sheath was pure magic ^^
Yours sincerely Ruud

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Cheers Chad, ill send it your way if i didnt hit the nail on the head! :D

And Rud, you might want to get your shoe ready mate.. my mates not only a picky bugga but he hasnt got a clue how long these things can take to make. He only asked me to make it on Friday and iv had 4 phone calls since then.. lol :rolleyes:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Ps i forgot to mention! Iv finished all the straps now and iv just realised iv ran outta rivets so ill have to stitch them on.

If all ends well ill post a picture up when iv finished it in an hour or two. :)

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
I know its not leather work, but the pyrography is done by Lindsey.
2_zps129a29b3-1_zps84a704d5.jpg

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Again, lovely detail from Lindsy. Such a shame she isnt on the Forum any more..

Is that a plastic or wooden spork mate?

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
That's awsome Dave! You have a great talent your self!!

Pyrograph is the art of wood burning. It can also be done on leather and other things too.. the tool used for it is simular to a solder where a brass tip is heated to burn into leather and if your really good you can control the burn and achive shading and other affects :)

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
That's awsome Dave! You have a great talent your self!!

Pyrograph is the art of wood burning. It can also be done on leather and other things too.. the tool used for it is simular to a solder where a brass tip is heated to burn into leather and if your really good you can control the burn and achive shading and other affects :)

That's like a hard thing to do, I would love to give it a go

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
You can pick a kit up pretty cheap on the net for around £20

You should give it ago mate! Its a lot cheaper than buying all the embossing tools you need for leather work! :)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Looking at all that fantastic stuff makes me think my hands are not much better than stumps. I could not do that kind of stuff in a million years. It all makes me feel quite cack handed.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Thank you very much granite head ! Iv had some fantastic feed back that is treasured. Its made me consider upgrading to a seller on the forum?.. :)

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Presterjohn don't loose hope mate. Everyone starts somewhere.. Some of my first bits of leather work looked more like a pigs ear. :cool:

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Fishfish, iv just seen your axe handle! Very nice job there mate! Looks like a Tricky design. Was it hard to work on the curves of the handle? I've been thinking about doing something on my bucksaw :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE