Its snowing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

some like it cold

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2009
forest of dean
it snowed so much had to abandon my car a mile from home and walk and i was still smiling and singing all the way.... many others were not so cheerful. Considering i crashed my new car on black ice on saturday and had to borrow SWMBO's you'd have thought it wouldnt still make me so cheery but....

let it snow let it snow let it snow

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Love snow....so much so I moved somewhere that had it for 5 months!
Not sure I want to drive in it too much though.......some right muppets on the roads.
D

Omegarod

Forager
Dec 3, 2009
Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire
it snowed so much had to abandon my car a mile from home and walk and i was still smiling and singing all the way.... many others were not so cheerful. Considering i crashed my new car on black ice on saturday and had to borrow SWMBO's you'd have thought it wouldnt still make me so cheery but....

let it snow let it snow let it snow

I am here in the Forest of Dean too. Today I just left the car at home (it would have been almost impossible to get it out up the lane anyway)...... and I put on my gear and went for a three hour walk in the woods..... in the falling snow.

Singing... all together now....

Rod

trail2

Nomad
Nov 20, 2008
Canton S.Dakota (Ex pat)
Well we have 6" on the ground and 12-16" forecast for tonight. Man I hate winter.
But I can remember as child growing up in UK how much I looked forwards to even a whiff of snow. My sistyer and I would spend all day out in the snowy woods if the folks allowed us.
Great to be a kid and not have to drive or get to work in the white stuff.
Merry Christmas to you all and I hope a very good new year.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well we have 6" on the ground and 12-16" forecast for tonight. Man I hate winter.
But I can remember as child growing up in UK how much I looked forwards to even a whiff of snow. My sistyer and I would spend all day out in the snowy woods if the folks allowed us.
Great to be a kid and not have to drive or get to work in the white stuff.
Merry Christmas to you all and I hope a very good new year.
Merry Christmas to you too!
Stay safe in that weather.
Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been honking it down here for the last couple of hours, I reckon we've had a good two inches in that time. Just laying nicely over the top of the ice and slush we had remaining.

Also had to abandon the car and walk the last 1/4 mile home, complete with arms full of a turkey and vegetables for Friday.

hiho

Native
Mar 15, 2007
South Yorkshire
managed to get home from work last night with the car. luckily it had stopped when i finished at midnight

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Also had to abandon the car and walk the last 1/4 mile home, complete with arms full of a turkey and vegetables for Friday.

Two mile walk each way in snow and freezing fog on iced roads yesterday to buy the Christmas Eve lunch

Did I fall on my ****?

Yup

Still fun though!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE