It's got a bowl and a handle...

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
So I guess it's a spoon :p

PICT0018.jpg

Made in (poor!) imitation of the ones Dr Spoon posted on my whittling thread :) It's about 8 1/2" long and the bowl was carved out with the little gouge in the pic

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Dunno yet, it's still bare wood, not sanded or owt yet. The bowl seems to have just grown :p on reflection I should have made it a little smaller. It's made from an elbow of a branch, I went down an overgrown track near my house and found loads of wood that had been cut down around a year ago or so ago and although I don't know what it is it carves great :D I collected a bagful of bits and a mucking great 7 ft length 2-3" thick at least

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
It’s great, but you need a different marketing approach – it’s all about self confidence. If you called it a traditional Gambian scoop ladle, everyone would think you were a craftsman. Still it’s a load better than any of my attempts!

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Well done! Now don't sand it, leave it just how it is :cool:

For your next one slope the tip of the bowl up from underneath so it gradually shallows to an edge rather than cutting in from the top. It'll look better and be much stronger too.

I'm glad I inspired you :D
Nicola

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE