It's a miserable night out there

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Just been out to put the bins at the kerb for the morning and it's really cold, really misty, really damp, smirry and dreich out there :sigh:
A big fox ran past me and even he looked kind of drookit and gave me a kind of panting huff as he passed by, as much to say, "Aye, no' nice the night, is it ?". There was an owl over the burn side and even his hoooo sort of noise sounded thoroughly dischuffed at the weather.

Ach, Spring's here. Maybe not by much, but it is here, and the days are stretching out. Be nice if it'd dry up a bit though, we're all scunnered with the never blooming ending rain.

Sleep warm :)

M

p.s. Smirry is when it cannae be bothered to rain, so the air is just overladen with enough moisture that everything gets soaked. Every breath in is sodden wet. Makes me really glad that there aren't many open fires now, because the air's so wet and heavy that it would trap all the smoke down among us.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It was a thin foggy day here today. I hate cols says of sea mists...even the curlews sound lonely.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
We had the best day for quite a while - we even saw that yellow ball in the sky! The was hardly any precipitation and barely a breath of wind.... and I had no work on so went for a walk in the woods!

Corfe

Dec 13, 2011
Northern Ireland
Beautiful still, bright morning here by the sea, and as I looked out about 0740, a big fox was standing in front of the house, sniffing the air. Glorious sight. I think Spring may finally be around the corner.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
HWMBLT's not long in from his walk. He usually goes through the woods, down to the river side, away along the bank and fields and through the woods again before turning on a big loop for home. He says the woods are just the same as last night :sigh: the air's saturated and everything's cold and soaked.
Definitely lighter though :D

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Miserable here this morning and bin day too Toddy! Sunday was excellent with loads of snow lying and a clear sunny day. Even cooked breakfast in the woods on a wee cast fry pan I got at Christmas. Ah the smell of Sunday bread rolls:D. Was rather a Hobbity day with a nice couple of sausages, fresh rolls and some vanilla tobacco to have a sneaky wee smoke afterwards. Great fun. Will do a wee right up soon.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Smirry - so much better than the lazy and inelegant "mizzle" which seems to be in common usage now..................................

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE