It's a beautiful night out there :-)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I heard horror stories about liming so I've never done it......tbh, I don't think I need to; everything grows well enough if it can stand the wet :rolleyes:

M

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Last night was nice and a bit eerie. Clear sky, moonlight, crisp and cold. I'm sure I could hear or feel the moon vibrate. Kept waking up thinking it was dawn but nope, just the moon turning everything almost florescent. Very nice except for some strange reason the hood of my sleeping bag was damp outside. Just the hood, nothing else. Maybe my brain was boiling.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I heard horror stories about liming so I've never done it......tbh, I don't think I need to; everything grows well enough if it can stand the wet :rolleyes:

M

Its fine with agricultural (slaked) lime and really helps in an organic regimen as it assists in the uptake of nutrients from manure.

Messing with quick lime is a different story entirely though - nasty stuff

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Looking at the natural habitat of lingon here, I'd say clay will most likely not work. Here the grow on an underground that's rock covered by a tcker(er) layer of natural debris from pine and such; so loose "soil", acidic for sure and quite dry at times.
Maybe you could try them in pots or raised beds? On the other hand, why not use your space for more tasty fruits?

Dave, at first I thought it might have been full moon, but that was last week, correct?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They're kind of sour, but it's sweeter sour than rowans, and I like them :)

I used to have an 'alpine' bed, I suppose I could resurrect it if these do take off. I manage to grow myrica gale in a pot, so it can't be that difficult :)

Last week's big full moon was beautiful :), but you're right about this waning one being bright too though; poor man's lantern right enough :D

cheers,
Toddy

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Same here today.... lots of aircraft as dusk set in, no chemtrails... its quite a nice sight to see standard contrails on 7 different aircraft simultaneously :)

Been a few evenings like that lately. Not so bad i guess with winter setting in.... not as much call to cool the planet down.

Not so lucky today the sky is covered, but the sun was incredibly bright.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE