Itchy wool ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Hi hope you all well.so I've got this real heavy weight wool jumper but it itches like hell has any one got any techniques I can do at home too help with this.i know I could just probably wear a tshirt underneath but this particular jumper has a big thick ruffled collar n its proper body popping itchy

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I know what you mean, I have a couple like that, but I either put up with it (it seems like it stops itching after a while), or I put a thin layer on underneath. I haven't heard of a treatment or process to stop it from being itchy.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I know what you mean, I have a couple like that, but I either put up with it (it seems like it stops itching after a while), or I put a thin layer on underneath. I haven't heard of a treatment or process to stop it from being itchy.

Cheers it's a god dam shame it's a real good quality one but it's gets that I just can't be bothered with the hassle when I wear it

goodlife

Jan 12, 2014
Notts.
I agree with previous post..there is not much you can do about it. Itchiness is down to the character of the wool type used.
Fabric conditioner rinse may help to soften the hairs that stick out from the 'cloth', though it doesn't 'cure' the 'problem'...just to tone down the itchiness.
If you able knit or know somebody who does..another knitted collar layer from softer and thinner wool attached inside, against the skin, would solve the problem permanently..at least for your neck.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Hi hope you all well.so I've got this real heavy weight wool jumper but it itches like hell has any one got any techniques I can do at home too help with this.i know I could just probably wear a tshirt underneath but this particular jumper has a big thick ruffled collar n its proper body popping itchy

Man up and get used to it.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have used the machine on most of my wool garments ( I have loads, I worked in the vintage trade for some years ). Wool wash, slow spin.

Some hand washing in the bath, rinse, squeez out, wrap in a huge bath towel and wring if you want.
Dry flat or on a wide ( so the shoulders don't drop ) old school wooden hanger.

Best.

C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE