Itchy feet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Politics mate - my thoughts only get me in trouble!! :wink: Plus I can't say whether a rant is right or wrong!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Gary said:
Politics mate - my thoughts only get me in trouble!! :wink: Plus I can't say whether a rant is right or wrong!

PM me your thought then Gary as you seem to have an issue with the fact that we try to keep the place from turning into a place where people get heated over politics when it's bushcraft site, I'd like to here what the problem is so that I can rectify anything we're doing wrong?

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Gary said:
Thats it bill look on the bright side!!

What if you dont have electricity? :rolmao: :nana:

Personally speaking I agree with stuart to a degree - when I was in the army no matter where I was posted I alwas looked toward home. Now however I am completely heart sick about the way things are in this country - but the damage the 'do gooders' do is another story and not anything to do with bushcraft.

The grass is always greener on the other side - but its only the people who trample it underfoot and turn it to mud!

PM SENT - As I said above - 'not anyhing to do with bushcraft' - I have no issue with keeping politics off the site and I think you misinterpreted my meaning.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I think the grass is always greener is a funny saying...

It's not always greener, but sometimes it actually is greener. Some here live in Wales, I like Wales, my parents live up by Newtown and my grandparents in Cardiff... I have only ever been in Scotland once and that was for a 2 hour meeting so I can't really comment.

I have spent quite a while in Canada; Toronto mainly, and found the people nice, the weather proper, the air cleaner and the grass was indeed greener :wink:

I genuinely hate the idea of flag waving, I'm not ashamed of my origins, nor am I proud but I would rather be just an earthling than british or english.

As Stuart said, I can always come home but the reverse of being bored would occur after a while, my 10 mile / 2 hour journey to work, my sky high insurance premium, the grey days and grumpy people would get to me even faster knowing what I could have else where.

I couldn't live on a beach, or without Internet access or electricity... well, I could but I don't want to. I like connecting with people, like minded or otherwise.

In summary (for me anyway) this little island is shrinking, countries once under the iron fisted rule of the united kingdom are gaining their independance and we still have that sabre rattling national anthem? rule britania, britania rules.... not a lot of late.

I don't think we should strike out and regain the empire, I think we'd all be a lot happier if the people in charge embraced the fact that we're a little island and just be happy with that. It works for other little islands :)

Anyway, that was a little political really... I'm sorry :shock:

Aren't fires great!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE