Itchy feet...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I am getting more and more tired of this country, petty laws, corrupt politicians, paying through the nose for very little benefit etc etc...

You're a well travelled lot, have any of you relocated in a big way or considered doing so? If you have thought about it or done it, where to?

I was thinking of Canada somewhere, I've spent quite a bit of time there over the years and worked there for six months... Maybe just outside Toronto would be nice.

What about you lot?

gillmacca

Forager
Sep 14, 2004
Swindon
I have many times though of just going to Canada/U.S.A., going into the wilderness and never returning.
Never have to worry about money, politics, war, traffic, etc. Just have to survive each day, but free from being controlled

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I don't intend to drop off the map, just relocate to somewhere with a little more space, less bent politicians, cleaner air and less worry.

I still intend to keep my wide screen TV :wink:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Plan on moving to Norway in two years. If you don't know much about the country, then I recommend you take a very good look. The more you find out about it the more amazing it is. In fact I'm a bit of a Norway buff, PM me any questions at all you may have abou it, I'd be delighted to answer them :)

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
I agree with the rest of you this country is turning into a prison island, our human rights are disappearing fast, new laws are popping up almost daily, cctv on every street corner, 1984 we have come!!!
All in the name of freedom, it would be funny if it wasn't terrifying.

Where to go then to escape all this?

I feel like staying and getting our country back from these loony politicians not running off and hiding in the woods but I too have had foreign climes on my mind .
Finland, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, even considered France.... but only momentarily lol
After over a year trying to decide I have resolved myself to be open to change and let synchronicity and destiny decide. I just hope they hurry up!

All the best

Brendan

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Your not the only one Squidders im off to australia monday ill be suicidal when i come back :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ive wanted to live some where else for ages, Oz, Canada (being of old french canadian trapper decent :wink: ) any where out of this miserable country, I personaly think the reason it getting worse is because of Eastenders, Paulene fowler has got a lot to answer for :shock: her face has launched a thousand suicides :lol:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Its not so much the country its just the state its getting into, PC and human rights are breaking its back and the pressures of work and life are getting unbelievable - there are many other problems but I will get edited out if I go into them here - even Scotland is better than England,

The Scots are allowed to be proud to be scottish for a start, and everywhere I went the pace of life was slower, more natural less hustle bustle. I plan to move there once my kids leave school and in so doing I will turn my back on england.

However when all is said and done if I didnt have a wife and kids I would have gone to either Canada or Oz, I have had offers to go live in either and it is surely tempting. Canadians and Ozzies both can not understand how we have let Britian go down the pan, having said that Canada's liberal laws are starting to slowly destroy it too so i guess we need to all move to Oz buy a huge section of outback and set up our own new world!!

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
You do that mate, we'll build a bushcrafting NEW England where Grey Owl will be king!

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Be nice wouldn't it.....

I'd love to move to northen canada....my best mate here is from over there and says it's really getting quite hard to move over there...almost as hard as getting in to Oz!

I haven't ruled out Goa in India either....all those lovely beaches and lots of jungle to play in....I've spent months over there and there's loads of old hippy's that went for a couple of weeks and are still there years and years later! Much better pace of life....nipping to the shops for a pack of fags can take over two hours! But it's a nice two hours!

I'd start moves to get out of here straight away but there's no way my wife will leave the uk....actually I can't even get her to think about moving out of surrey!!!! and I can't really leave her here....soppy but I love her too much!!!! :eek:):

jakunen

Native
Ok, not done it yet, but have planned it...

I've several times REALLY considered going off to live in either Croatia or Slovenia, setting up a small-holding, setting up my own little craft business with maybe a little holiday flat to rent out as well.

The reasons, other than the state of this non-English England (And no, I'm not racist, some of my best friends are not 'native' British and neither are all my family, I'm on about the fact we're a minor dictatorship run by Brussels)?
  • Friendly people.
  • Attractive women.
  • Fanastic food.
  • Great alcohol.
  • Rivers clean enough to drink from.
  • Wide, clean, unpoluted lakes.
  • Broad mountain meadows.
  • Clean air.
  • Wildlife still exists in the woods and valleys.
  • Public transport that TURNS UP AND IS ON TIME AND DOESN'T TAKE THE **** WITH ITS PRICES.
  • A slower pace of life.
  • Its proud of its cultural history and heritage and isn't ashamed to show it.
Ok, better get off me soap box or I'll be selling up and booking me tickets...

I NEED TO GO TO THE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jakunen

Native
Paganwolf said:
Right O Jak my house is on the market and im packed when we going!!!! :naughty: :super:
Don't tempt me mate! Don't tempt me!
With potential joblessness looming I'm mentally already half packed myself...

And I hate to tell you this, JP, but you ain't quite what I intended as a partner for the trip. Sorry mate.:rolmao:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
jakunen said:
Don't tempt me mate! Don't tempt me!
With potential joblessness looming I'm mentally already half packed myself...

And I hate to tell you this, JP, but you ain't quite what I intended as a partner for the trip. Sorry mate.:rolmao:
:cry: :shock: thanks mate!! :cry: :rolmao: :nana:

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
jakunen said:
Sorry guys, I prefer someone that has curves in the right places, will bring me tea in bed, cook what I catch whilst just wearing a pinny:naughty: ...Think I need a cold shower...:lol:
you should buy a Teasmaid nad a microwave and buy yourself a pinny then matey much less expencive :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :nana:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Paganwolf said:
you should buy a Teasmaid nad a microwave and buy yourself a pinny then matey much less expencive :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :nana:

(MODERATED: SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION)

I expect that one will get edited :roll:

Then why did you bother posting it?

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
If you didnt have your misses with you who would carry the pack? And do the cooking and washing up? :?: :nana:

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
:rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: There's so much I want to say to all the below but I'm thinking that's what the camp fire at Ashdown's going to be for!!!! Can you moderate a camp fire? ? ? :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE