It must be Spring

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
BR, that's a beautiful photograph :D

Spring like here today too :D
Lots of little birds doing their courtship 'chase me, feed me' type displays too. Reed buntings noisily cheeping away :)

M

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Certainly Springlike today

Honey bee flying to snowdrop by British Red, on Flickr

That is a stunning shot !!!

On the spring front, we've had robins courting here for 3 weeks; the tits are doing their mating call; we had the sparrowhawk hunting our bottom hedge this afternoon and she made a kill; we saw the first abay rabbit of the year this morning; a heron flew over this afternoon; the bulbs are all coming up; the lungwort has been flowering since December. And this afternoon it even smelled of spring :).

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Definitely a competition shot there, that's a cracker! It's been a perfect day here too, and a much-needed tonic................

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad you liked it :) Two of our hives are doing very well indeed. I fear the third may not survive the Winter - but we knew it was a weak colony. We may combine it anyway if it makes it through.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Saw a skylark displaying today, lots of spring flowers around, celandines, dandelion, primroses and there's definitely leaves showing on some trees already. I even saw my first bumblebee out and about.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Lots of daffodils on my walk today. it really feels like spring is here now.

One thing though, unless we get some frost in the next few weeks it will be a whole winter without any, in the south east at least, which I can't remember ever happening before. It will be biting beastie central come summer:mosquitos:

Haggis

Nomad
It was -25C here this morning, and there is yet well over a meter of snow on the ground; far more in the drifted places. The frost, so they are telling us, has reached more than 2 meters in depth this year. Spring is very many weeks away,,,

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
I think we have proof that Spring is here

Ramsom 03-02-14 by British Red, on Flickr

The Ramsoms are up :)

Snap
py5atuza.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
i was also in the woods on sunday and out of curiosity checked to see if the sap had risen on a plantation of silver birch to my disbelief it had and will be going back this weekend to get some more :eek:

Mandos

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I had a pair of Goldcrests flitting about in the garden over the weekend, looking at a nice mossy fork in a tree. I'm hoping they nest.

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE