It has happened

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

draybo

Sep 21, 2022
Nottinghamshire
The world has fallen apart .....................it has happened today right now..................so if faced with that scenario what are the the answers to these three questions

1 what is the most important skill you have for that scenario
2 who would you want to take along, it can be anyone
3 where are you headed to

Mine would be fire lighting, Ed Stafford (my wife would be my plus one), and Sherwood forest.

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
I would stay where i know,the people,the surrounding area,we have got a fair supply of food,too much to carry any distance,so,like the previous post,home is where we are staying.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
What a happy thread, have you asked yourself, can you afford to die? The world has fallen apart many times, WW1 WW2, people didn't give up and carried on, in fact those people who had tenacity, were your parents and grandparents, you wouldn't be here if they gave up. Have a whisky , or a cup of tea, and cheer up, you probably don't realise how well off you are.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I'd be another one staying at home with their OH.

If I have time I'll get the water wheel sorted to power the fencing to keep the triffids out.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Agreed with the last two posts, home is defendable and comfortable, food stores are kept updated, and at least a year's worth.

I have also locations of surface and under ground water supplies. And lots of tools, etc.

The main concern is the short term, is this something we can survive? If so the next stage, is what is the threat?

Long term is all about what do we need to thrive and rebuild.....?

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I stand for WHAT I STAND ON.
If it’s broken- fix it.
“ This is the way the world ends
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang, but a whimper.”
T. S. Elliot
“YOU may go out with a whimper ::But we shall go out with a bang”
- G K Chesterton

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
1. The skill I'd sell is my familiarity with and ability to repair pre-microprocessor, and often pre electricity technology.
2. The Mrs.
3. One of a number of little places I know in or around the camargue.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
1. I like @Athos cardio, being fit would make the biggest difference to me.
2. I'm going to assume wife and immediate family are coming and chose my friend Stuart.
3. Probably my mates farm down the road

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
1. General fitness and adaptability..
2. Family goes without saying (he says)... I'd take Ray Mears with me... he just doesn't know it yet.
3. Anywhere out of the city where I currently reside. "Home" for me can be anywhere as I am not loyal to any buildings and I certainly would not choose to croak in my current residence... I like where I live, but have no plans to remain here...plus in your hypothetical scenario, cities would likely be a bad place to remain.

Ystranc

Nomad
May 24, 2019
Powys, Wales
I would probably stay where I am, stay with the lady I’ve been with for the last 35 years with. As for skills, I’m a Jack of all trades but master of none.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
1. 81 years worth of experience of staying alive
2. Wife with 60 years experience of putting up with me
3. Where I am now: it's been organised with the predictable present situation in mind. But grab bag/campervan ready for immediate evacuation if situation warrants it.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I guess my most tradeable skill is oven-building and breadmaking. Hopefully I can find some farmers and a miller along the road.
I’ll take my wife of course, plus the nearest paramedic and all the non-tech meds kit we can carry.
We’ll also be heading to a friend’s farm in the middle of nowhere.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE