It has finally arrived, thank you Bushcraft Spain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I have my Bushcraft Spain lavvu extension at last though I sometimes think I am Victor Meldrew, because I had some hiccups with DHL tas well as UPS. Firstly I missed the courier, who I do not think had even bothered to press my intercom, and then the redirection went awry as DHL emailed me to say it was in a pick up locker, but did not provide the code to release it, I had to phone customer services. However I now have the parcel and had a first look at it, and it looks well made, probably better made than the original lavvu. Probably won't get the opportunity to use it for a couple of weeks but looking forward to it when I can.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The first task has been to figure out the conundrum of how it all buttons together with the two lavvu halves correctly and after that the origami of trying to pack it away in an assembled state, in the confines of a small bedroom. I have managed to roughly roll it so as it will go into a 60 ltr stuff sack, though I am sure I could improve on that with the space to lay it out first. For my first outing I intend to use a couple of lightweight expandable poles and after that I will make a custom A pole arrangement for more space with the expandable poles to hold the front open baker tent style.
I reckon the whole arrangement complete with poles, ground sheet and camp bed should fit in an old army surplus kitbag for transport, with room to spare.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Right, this is my verdict about the quality, a button came off! oh dear how sad, never mind, not the hardest job in the world to sew it back on. The material is definitely better quality than the original Lavvu and will outlast me. I do not regret my purchase one bit. Anyway I have a stove to go with it now so that is me set up for the apocalypse.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE