Isuzu Rodeo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hey, anyone got an Isuzu Rodeo? Just wondering as I bought one the other day and I'll be driving it from Monday. Hopefully i'll have no issues but just wondering if anyone has one and what do you think?
It's an 04 double cab 3.0

I'm wondering about a winch on the front but I've not really seen any about...

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Parents had one and loved it. They had a small business making and selling towable sheep handling gear, used to tow all over the country.
Don't expect speed. Chill and cruise, economical, robust, reliable.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, I got a reasonable price for the landy and added a few hundred to it for the pickup

I think I'm just generally apprehensive about cars, waiting for them to go wrong and cost more than I've got, at the moment it's in the garage having a good service, getting waxoiled so that it lasts a bit longer, we'll see :D

Last edited:

bushferret

Jun 15, 2013
United Kingdom
I'm a big fan of Isuzu part ex'd one a couple of years ago (wish I hadn't)Recieved a phone call from the buyer of the Isuzu ex police commending me on the upkeep of the car and how pleased he was car was around 20 years old.In my opinion you can't go wrong with an Isuzu.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
I've had three Isuzu's Tony and you'll be pleased to know they all were good.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
A friend got one to replace a Disco and never looked back...far superior vehicle I'm sure you'll be pleased with it :)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Very good trucks the Izuzu :). I replaced my Mittsy Warrior in the summer and if I hadnt been offered such a good deal on a brand new Hylux I would without doubt have gone for a Rodeo :)

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Good to hear it's the Isuzu version. It was also sold as the Vauxhaull Frontera. Unless it's the first of the new type Rodeos. If not, thankfully yours has the Isuzu engine by the sounds of it though which is pretty much bomb proof. Had both the vauxhaull and the Isuzu and built a decent one out the two lol. If you are looking for parts, the vauxhaull (GM) equivalent is often cheaper than the Isuzu identical part ;)

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hahaha, just sold my landy for.... an Isuzu D-max! pick it up tomorrow. heard so many great reports on Isuzus and an old friend has an old rodeo that has been seriously abused and still going strong (i doubt he has had it serviced in 10 years).
Nice choice Tony and good luck with it.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'd love a newer D-Max :D Got mine on monday, not done a lot of miles in it but it's going ok, canopy is a bit tat but it will do for now. Pulls well, bouncy ride :red: It's not got the same feeling of greatness my 110 county had but it will pull the trailer and it's great for where we live.

I think the best thing is that the dog goes in the back and the kids aren't getting breathed on with damp dog breath over the top of the seats :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Tony - I hope your goes well and provides years of trouble free motoring.

I had an old Mk2 (I think) Trooper which I really regret selling, it had done 256k miles, still started at the first turn of the key and would go anywhere - it had a split in the fuel tank which is why I got rid - though I deeply regret it now.

I replaced it with a Mk3 Trooper which within days turned out to be a complete nail - clutch & flywheel went, the inter-cooler kept blowing off its mounts and eventually the turbo burst, all within about two months of ownership.

I really hope that your experience is closer to my first than my second.

ATB

Ogri the trog

fellows

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2015
Dorset
I have one and LOVE it.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428860099666.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428860099666.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 8

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE