Isn't it nice when tracking works :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
Lovely weather today and snow almost all gone now here. So i grabbed the camera and went for a walk. Found some fresh deer tracks and started following them. After only having followed them for a few min i got a visual on 3 roe deers about 50 meters ahead of me. They spotted me aswell and went off into the woods so i continued to follow them a bit more careful and a few min later i had caught up with them and got within about 15 meters from them. Here are two pictures i managed to snatch.

CRW_0740.jpg

CRW_0735.jpg

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Nice one Hubba :D

I'm off on a tracking course tomorrow. Don't know if there'll be any deer though.

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
good pics mate. Nice depth of field in no.2
Is it just me or does that deer look like a Kangeroo in no.2? :lmao:
Is he looking at you or searching out the sound of the shutter?
Well done.

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
the shutter wasn't a problem as i snapped a lot of pictures. He did keep a good eye on me though just in case i was bad business :p

Next project is to get a ghillie suit made (ie. portable hide :). The thing most larger animals seem to trigger on is shape and movement rather than sound. The patch i was on yesterday is pretty close to civilization so there are a lot of sound going on all the time. But if you snap a branch, that will alert them to check things out. But unless they are really spooked (like you crashing through the bush) they will first assess and visually check what you are before moving. So if you can become a bush pretty fast, that would reduce their chance of identifying you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE