Isle of Man

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've been told by SWMBO that I'm going to a wedding on the IOM in August. We're going for three days as the ferry costs are a total rip off (£282) so we thought we'd make it worth our while.

What is there to do on the island for three days ?

I'm changing my car in September so I'll be giving that a good thrashing while I'm there.

No speed limits, bliss.

:drive:

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Sea fishing if supposed to be excellent on the island Rich. That's what I'd be doing but I don't think the missus would be too happy.

And remember, don't say 'Rats'. Bad luck apparently.:werd:

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I know what you mean about the ferry cost, when we go we normally camp, there is loads to see and do as there is such across section of countryside for such a small island.
The heritage museum in Peel(good Kippers and pub) is well worth a visit, so is the Laxey wheel .

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Spent many days playing golf on the island, there are 9 championship courses I beleive

Great coastal foraging , loads to see and do

You will enjoy it

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
depending on when you are going in augest why not go to cowes and go and watch the sailing and go to the boat show at the most famous and oldest sailing reggattta in the world cowes week. Thats what i would do but rich i am sailing mad

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Spent many days playing golf on the island, there are 9 championship courses I beleive

Great coastal foraging , loads to see and do

You will enjoy it

No golf for me until April, I'm having a sabatical this season. Fell out with the game last Autumn and haven't picked up a club since. I've gone from playing nearly everyday to none at all.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
IOM, great place to visit. used to fly over there regular from liverpool when i worked for an engineering firm (IT related stuffs) just over £100 for day return, less if over 2 days, as low as £80 pp.
am actually considering hitting the island for a wild camp but i'd have to check on the laws over there. one thing that really shocked me was that nobody locks anything. big expensive houses and big expensive cars all lying around unlocked?!
the council estate in me got a tingly sense from that, the common sense saw the fact that there's no where to run if you do commit a crime lol.
nice place, awesome fish.
pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE