Islay Journeyman Course June 2007 - A tonic for the soul.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
As some of my friends will already know I have just got back from the Islay Journeyman Course which is run by Jeremy Hastings of Islay Birding and Bushcraft: -

http://www.islaybushcraft.co.uk/

http://www.islaybirding.co.uk/

The course I completed is viewable here http://www.islaybushcraft.co.uk/courses2.asp

I don't intend going into too much detail or writing a review because I do not possess the words to describe what an amazing time I had on the course. Suffice to say it was the most spiritually uplifting experience of my life and it was a journey of far too many emotions for me to share on a forum. As for the wildlife - "WOW" is all I can say!

For those of you that are fortunate enough to have met and know Jeremy you will appreciate that he has made a massive impact upon me. He is truly a unique man and I am very fortunate and proud to have spent five days being in the nature with him and learning so much from him, not just about flora and fauna but also about myself.

If I were to rate this course I would give it the highest of marks. For those of you that want to undertake a journey, apply your skills for real and be as one with a wild place and the nature it is home to then this is the course for you.

I have attached some pictures taken during the journey. Enjoy!

Islay_01.jpg

Islay_02.jpg

Islay_03.jpg

Islay_04.jpg

Islay_05.jpg

Islay_06.jpg

Islay_07.jpg

Islay_08.jpg

Islay_09.jpg

Islay_10.jpg

Islay_11.jpg

Islay_12.jpg

Islay_13.jpg

Islay_14.jpg

Phil.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Beautiful mate. Very exciting!

Less kit yet? ;)

I'm really pleased for you that you enjoyed it, and that it turned out to be everything and more than you had expected. I can't wait till next year when I'm going up there. These tasters just make the wait more painfull!

Can't wait to hear about it in person.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Sounds like an excellent course Phil. Now you've got me thinking about next year myself.....

I notice Jeremy is also talking about an offshore island expedition. Sounds interesting too..

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Now that looks like somewhere I'd like to go and it sounds like a course I'd love!

I'll read up on it later after work ;)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds like an excellent course Phil. Now you've got me thinking about next year myself.....

I notice Jeremy is also talking about an offshore island expedition. Sounds interesting too..

Marts, this could well be the collabourate effort between him and Bearclaw Bushcraft. Its called the 'Fasach Ile' Course. Its the one I'm on next year. I think they are fully booked for the 2008 course though. Popular huh! :eek:

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Marts, this could well be the collabourate effort between him and Bearclaw Bushcraft. Its called the 'Fasach Ile' Course. Its the one I'm on next year. I think they are fully booked for the 2008 course though. Popular huh! :eek:

2008 courses booked already :eek:

This bushcraft malarky's getting far too popular :cussing:

I was up there a few years ago with Jeremy, he is a really good guy. Islay is a beautiful place and the course I would think is really good (I was one of the trials team for the course).

Yeah Jez was telling me Leon. We walked through the same corral where you guys saw the adder. BTW - His possibles pouch is still looking mighty fine :cool:

Mr. Hastings is one of the nicest and most inspiring people I have ever met. A very good teacher in not just bushcraft, nature, etc. but in life also.

Be good to see him again at the Gathering.

Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE