Is this a huge Burl

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I'll nip down at the weekend and get some better pics of the thing. Great place for a walk. Excellent for shroom foraging and bird and otter watching if that's your thing.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do you want wee burls for carving ?
The little ones I have are as hard as….oh a very hard thing :rolleyes: They'd do well for the folks who make pipe bowls I reckon.

M

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Do you want wee burls for carving ?
The little ones I have are as hard as….oh a very hard thing :rolleyes: They'd do well for the folks who make pipe bowls I reckon.

M
I can grab plenty burls Mary. Thanks for the offer though.
The woods down the South Calder water are full of trees with burls on them. They are a bit tough to carve as far as i know and as i've never carved anything other than a toothpick i made (no laughing at the back) a few months back... i might just stick to fresh greenwood.

I plan on making a Kuksa and some spoons. A nice burl would be good but i'll practice on a piece of birch or alder or something first.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE