Is that stew, I smell?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Hello all,
I've been bilgeing a look around this site for a while now -articles, forums etc - and would like to say; WHAT A SITE. SO helpful and informative and everyone seems willing to answer any questions no matter how stupid they appear. I've already found out some, well, interesting facts to say the least and the whole site has been very informative hence the desicion to join.
A lil about me.
I first become interested in woodcraft after reading Children Of The New Forest and armed with collins gem SAS book would make several snares/traps and shelters and a friends farm. HAven't really touched that in a while but recently have been considering leaving camping behind and trying something a little less traditional but more rewarding. Wild food has always been an interest of mine and now I'm hoping to combine that with some bushcraft spending time in the woods not just visiting! Anyways enough for now I've an omelette to cook and the fires still to be started!
So yeah would be great to hear from anyone in Kent - near Ahsfrod is better still - who might be interested in doing some weekends out and is willing to pass on their knowledge! but also from people in general. Look forward to posting more and getting to know you all better whilst still finding time to get out.....

Jembly:tapedshut

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Welcome Jembly :)

There should be, in the meetup section, some info from people in the Kent area - but if you
just type Ashford or Kent or other local place names into the search function you're bound
to find a thread about local meets.

Jo

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Cheers Jo I will do.
I have had a bit of a problem logging in, the main site thingy doesn't seem to like me particuarly but seem to have found some kind of side entrance so hey, I'm back with some more questions and smelling of smoke. Nothing beats cooking over a fire.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Welcome Jembly. I suspect that forward slash in your name is causing log in problems. If you contact the mods and ask to have it replaced by a dash it should solve the problem.

Eric

Jembly/Sloth

Dec 6, 2007
Appledore, Kent
Cheers Eric, it seems to be working fine now so perchance I'll just leave it! I don't understand computers and when something doesn't work prodding it with a sharp stick does nothing :cussing: :banghead: Oh well...

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomage this is definatly the gretest site I've found on the web (after Google and Wiki perhaps). I don't thikn my mum agrees after an evening of bannock and jerky experimantation - It looked pretty clean afterwards to me :lmao:

Currently copying down any recipies and tips I find around and hoping I get a mag subscription for christmas or the money for it. :rolleyes:

Anyways thanks again to everyone around and have a good Christmas, hopefully getting out and about- I know I will be; 26th-shooting and 27th-29th in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE