Is someone taking the ...?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Why not...I've been thinking about doing the same.... selling bow drill sets, spoons and some of the birchbark stuff I've been making...

If people out there are wishing to buy this stuff then who am I to stop them...

Funny old world out there ;)

Bam.

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Goose said:
Wonder how it would improve the price by adding "As seen in Ray Mears new book!"

Or "Tactical"

Lol..I'm sure it'd improve it no end....and if I do decide to sell stuff there then that's exactly what I'll be doing.... ;)

As I said...why not :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
Lol..I'm sure it'd improve it no end....and if I do decide to sell stuff there then that's exactly what I'll be doing.... ;)

As I said...why not :D
I agree, good luck to any seller as long as it is honest advertising can't see what the problem can be. Some buyers probably aren't allowed out on their own so it explains some of the sales seen on ebay though!

Ps I will expect a fee for advertising consultation!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I don't see th problem either. No one would be surprised to see it on sale at a Craft Fayre why not ebay?

Same with Bow drill sets. I can see the benefit of buying one you know works so you can separate the kit from learning the technique. Once you have mastered the technique then you can start to make your own set and know that if it does not work now it is down to your set. If you start off making your own set and trying the technique for the first time if it does not work you are not sure which aspect needs correcting.

M

missing link

Over the last few months there has been an increase in the number of “Bushcraft” type items going for sales on ebay. To some of us the prices are over inflated or at best misrepresented with the Ray Mears tag in the subject matter. We have seen Bow drill sets, FireStick hooks, spoons and yes, even an old Ray Mears catalogue that was once posted free of charge.

What we forget is there must be a demand for this type of product for it to sell. I think the positive side is that people are taking an interest in “Bushcraft” which can lead to changing minds and an appreciation on our surroundings.

Venger

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2005
Nottingham
I don't have a problem with it, it just made me laugh. (as in 'what next, a Ray Mears, tactical tent peg')
As you say people will buy anything. If you want to sell your handy work, go for it!

Venger

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
One of the best ones I saw on ebay was a used NETO carrier bag. It went for a fiver to someone in Japan.

The next best one was a bag of dryer lint. It was advertised as wild bird nesting material and sold for a few quid.

I sometimes pick up stuff at car booties, give them a clean and polish and stick them on ebay. It's amazing what some people will part with their cash for.

Eric

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
There's nothing wrong with it, some people can't get out to practice making their own spoons very often so seeing one already made they can use it as a template to base their future ones on, it's the next best thing to being shown how to make one. It's the same with firedrill sets, they can practice it in their garden and scrutize the design to help them in the future.

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
Ok slightly OT but i once sold a piece of old rope found on the morning dog walk on the beach.

just plain cheap slightly frayed blue nylon rope, just goes to show.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
maverix said:
Ok slightly OT but i once sold a piece of old rope found on the morning dog walk on the beach.

just plain cheap slightly frayed blue nylon rope, just goes to show.
As I said some ebay buyers just dont get out!
Should we see who can sell the most dodgy bushcraft related item?
Pair of pants found on a trail that Ray Mears once used?
Pointy stick to help you track like RM?
Digging stick,just like.......?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i can feel a "digging stick as used by Ray Mears" coming on.
all i need is a stick and an idiot. i have the stick, e-bay can supply the idiot ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE