Is my guilt justified?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Similar to me with my neighbour - I fixed his kid's bike. Stopped and talked later to him and his kid with the bike to see if it was ok - and he said the tyres were a bit soft and wondered whether I could pump them up.

Well, I suddenly remembered I was in a hurry. Shrewth - you help someone and then they treat you like a domestic servant.

H

He' s left the building

Firstly I attempted to prod his father into joining in with his son in an activity that he so obviously enjoys and phsically needs, secondly when it beacame apparent that things were not going to pan out for Jack I engaged him in the repair.

I was being mischievous with my earlier answer, I think you did the right thing.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I often stop for cars broken down at the side of the road to see if everyones OK, ( hey after owning Landies it's often been me in that situation). 90% of the times it's cool and they've either got help on the way, or if it's beyond my skills / tools I offer to take 'em to a garage or go for help. A couple of times I've inadvertantly scared the occupant, usually a lone female, and feel bad. People aren't used to folk stopping to help and a lone bearded male stopping for a lonely female can appear threatening I think. So now in that situation I keep a good distance until the other person makes it clear I can appraoch. If I get scared vibes I ask from a dstance if they'd like me to go and get help and if they're OK. The last thing I want to do is freak out an already stressed person.
It's sad, but we do have to think of how we offer help.
Similar to hitch-hikers, I used to never pick up lone females ( not that many folk hitch these days anyway) unless my partner was in the car with me. Sad and possibly expossing them to possibly unsavory folk but a mate in haulage once got "rolled" by a girl saying she'd scream rape at the next stop unless he gave her cash.:yikes: He handled the situation in his usuall way and explained ( without conviction I hasten to add ) that if she did - he would! He then stopped and let her out and contacted the cops as soon as he could.
So yes help all you can in anyway you can, but be carefull.
GB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE