Iron Pyrites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
lol ok maybe i'm just plain sneaky

but why pay hard earned cash when ya have a chance of a good days bushcrafting on the beach and find an almost unlimited supply for future reference?

least that was my theory :wink:

i was interested to read of the importance of pyrite in days gone by too

in the uk (as compared to america eg) there is often history under every other stone - literally

place names often gives clues as well, there are a couple of places near me, one called leadburn and the other called silverburn (burn = stream), that i have been meaning to go explore ever since i was a nipper

maybe the names are not always that obvious but for me this all comes roughly under bushcraft

helping me to identify all sorts of things from rock soil type plants climate etc etc
Tant

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm with you as well, but I know that I've not got the time to go and dig some up, but I'd like to handle some. You guys can dig it up for me, then I'll still be pure :biggthump

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
got a lump at home that came from the chanel tunnel but been warned to "not break it" :)

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
fire lighting in general,striking it with a flint or a paper weight at home , wasnt sure about the direction of your question there

KIMBOKO

Nomad
Nov 26, 2003
Suffolk
There is Copperas wood and Copperas bay on the Stour just up river from Harwich I presume that reveals something about the industrial past. The iron pyrites was used in the manufacture of copperas or iron sulphate. So there may also be deposits on the Stour estuary.
Note:- Pyrites can "eat" holes in wood, cloth and paper.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
:rolmao: yeah i think ive got enough gear to keep me warm and dry :shock: :rolmao: im takin my cooking stuff in case i find any munchies crawling around in the seaweed and if i dont ill just eat the seaweed :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE