Introduction and what I've learnt so far

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Hi there

First post, been looking at the site and forum for a few days and I like what I see so far.

40 years old this year, grew up in Ireland and was always interested in what we now call “bushcraft” – back then it was “messing about outside”. Learnt how to shoot and skin rabbits, light a fire, keep knives sharp, build a shelter, sit still and so on at an early age.

Anyway, I’m now based in the South-East and working in London. Baby son born this year. We still get out for walks in the country, but I’ve forgotten plenty. Still make blackberry jam every year though.

Yesterday my wife and I went out to find some windfall timber for my first longbow, and we tried lighting a fire too.

What we learnt: it’s nice to get out in the evening after work; you can make feathersticks with a swiss army knife, but it’s hard work; we need to practise lighting fires more.

Looking forward to being part of the community!

Oscar

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Thanks for moving the thread, mods, I didn't see this part of the forum.

Jam: 1:1 fruit:sugar, plus pectin, for a really good set jam. I don't like that much sugar, and SWMBO is Russian and likes varenie, which is runny Russian jam, so I use about 2:1 Fruit:sugar. Nice in yoghurt. Keeping the jars clean, and filling them under heat is v important for sterility- I usually boil the jars and take them from the water only immediately prior to filling.

the interceptor boy

Life Member
Mar 12, 2008
Angleterre.
Hi and welcome to the site and you soon will find some great mates as i have found so far. I myself i am fairly new to the site. SO English: Hi, Hello, Hey! G-day! Hi there! Welcome, Greeting
German: Hallo, Guten Tag, Grüßt dich/euch,
Latin: Salve!
French: Salut! Bonjour
Italian: Buon giorno
Spanish: Hola! Buonas díaz
Urdu: Assalam-o-laikum!
Arabic: Marhaba!
Russian: Здравствуйте!
Creole: aalo

WHERE ARE EXACTLY IN THE SOUTH EAST? you can pm me, if you want.
the Interceptor boy.

Wassup?
How ya doin?
What are you doing?

and you can't forget

Wassabi !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE