Introducing myself as a new member

Piers1972

Jul 20, 2011
Wiltshire
Hello,
My name is Piers and I live in S Wilts. Very briefly I left the army about 7 years ago and did a fair amount of survival/bushcraft stuff while in, mostly combat survival, e&e where I was a Combat Survival Instructor (although as an officer I never taught courses!). My last unit was in a LRRP unit where these sort of skils were a must have rather than a nice to have.

I've grown up with an interest in bushcraft and now I live back in the country would like to blow off the cobwebs, hone my skills, learn new skills and pass on (in a fun and age appropriate way) those skills to my two young sons.

Does anybody know of anyone who would let a responsible father use their woodland for this? Ideally in the South West or Wilts/Hants/Dorset or Isle of Wight?

However, I am not just on the scrounge, if my background and experience is of interest or use to anyone else, please let me know. I dare say in this community, my skills will be below those of most members.

I have two overriding views about life; 1, we never stop learning and 2 any idiot can be uncomfortable, Ive certainly proved the second to be true on countless occasions!

So hello to all and I look forward to being a member of this community.
Piers

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hello and a big warm welcome to the forum!

...any idiot can be uncomfortable...

Got that on a t-shirt. :rofl:

There's a burgeoning (I think that's the right word, Tank?:)) group in your, er, neck of the woods. Why not check out the 'community' tab and see if anything happened yet? :pokenest:

See you around I very much hope!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hello piers welcome to the forum used to live in wiltshire when dad was in the forces hope to meet up soon wales is only over the bridge regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE