Into The Canyon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
Hi Woods,
What a wonderful trip, sound a good bunch of folk and in stunning scenery. I like slot canyons, always a sense of mystery to them and a feeling that you may be the first to be down them (would love to do the ones around Petra).
The mystery rucksack is an Arcteryx by the way. Not sure of the model.
Take care,
GB.
Thanks Goatboy!....Arcteryx it is then....i'm not real farmiliar with the brand, though i hear they have a military grade rucksack as well...woods

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
Looks cool. What about snakes, wild animals etc if you are bivvying rather than in a tent ?
I'll tell ya true amigo...i can't stand tents...ive been doing it this way for fifty years with nothing more than sore hips to complain about.
reckon the good Lords been lookin out for me...though as of late, i have discovered hammocks and i use one exclusively while on long canoe trips.
the problem with using hammocks in a desert are obvious...woods

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
So are snakes a problem ?
not that ive noticed...i see rattle snakes all the time and more than once at close range, ive even killed n ate a couple n turned one into a hat band...on another unlucky reptile, after i caught, killed, skinned n ate em, i put his rattle into the soundhole of my guitar.
legend goes it improves the tone...though i can't say its improved my playin any...so i reckon they're more concerned about ol woods...or they should be...woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE