Interesting old pack on e*ay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It does looks a very nice bag. Never seen a bamboo framed bag before.

I couldn't resist - 1st bid is mine so hands off!

Good luck with bidding for it but out of curiousity why bid so soon when it's got 5 days left to run? I always try to save my bidding to the last few seconds so as not to push it up too soon and also to stop someone out bidding me as well.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
it'll be a victorian thing carried over. other examples are bamboo tent poles for early dome tents made of lightweight cotton duck, the bamboo poles made it up the late 80's when the alu and fibleglass poles started to become mass produced, bamboo fishing rods are still popular..

they also made heavy - suspension bicycles were a victorian thing like the sturmey archer gear and so forth. complex and heavy. suspension forks made of cast bronze with springs and ball bearings for the action :)

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
That's a beauty!

STOP IT NOW SPAMEL!!! You've just got another oldschool pack and I've just caved in and bought one too thanks to you and that thread, flaunting it (addo's modified one does look sweet though)

I've decided enough is enough, I'M NOT BUYING ANOTHER PACK, unless I find a place selling LK70's :naughty: .

I'm off to flail myself with the shoulder straps from my LK35.

Must resist, must resist...MMMM BAMBOOO FRAME!!! :eek: :banghead:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Would that be more impact resistant than Bamboo then ?

Andy

Not gonna buy another pack, eh? Then why the question? You've got the breaking strain of a soggy kit kat, admit it! :D You want it, don't you? Don't you though? You do, eh!

You won't sleep a wink tonight, thinking about that pack! You've been bitten by the bug! You don't stand a chance! And i might know somebody who has a spare LK 70!

:D

Robbo

Nomad
Aug 22, 2005
Darkest Scotland,
Probably best not too, I'd love an LK70 but cant really afford the £40 odd they go for ATM and the missus would really (no really) murder me.

I'll hopefully be able to look for one (look being the word as they are like hens teeth) around christmas, (when my tips come in :D )

I might even make my own with a rattan frame :D

Andy

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Would that be more impact resistant than Bamboo then ?

Andy

Bamboo is hollow and will start to lose it's flexibility once it is dried. Because of it's hollow stemp, bamboo is not impact resistant.

Cane however is solid and will retain it's flexibility long after it is dried. It's used in all sorts of bend furnitures.

singteck

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Good luck with bidding for it but out of curiousity why bid so soon when it's got 5 days left to run? I always try to save my bidding to the last few seconds so as not to push it up too soon and also to stop someone out bidding me as well.

I'm quite a disciplined Ebayer - I make a decision of the items worth to me and thats my bid.

If I win - great!

If I don't - so what!

I very rarely even bother to check progress of a sale, usually because I'm out most of the time (Dad's taxi!)

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE