Interesting afternoon yesterday

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have a serious rare illness called pulmonary chronic sarcoidisis, which screws up everything;

info here : http://www.ildcare.eu/Downloads/nieuws/Poster_Marjon_E.pdf

So i went to the doctors yesterday morning and he added 2.5mg of Lorazepm, to my 40mg of citralopram, [I also take prenisolone, and methotrexate]

Within a hour of driving home, I started to see double. I ended up clipping the wing miror of a parked van, taking the full front fender off the truck behind it, which popped both our front wheels, so I couldnt steer, o see, as y airbags came out, then piling headlong on into a silver car, which pushed it back through the railings up into its front garden.

No injuries, I just could understand how it happened. I was breathilised, hadnt been drinking, taken to local hospital, and i just sat there, watching as everyone who walked past, I could see in double.
It must have been the lorazepram he prescribed

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Sorry to hear you had an interesting day .

Did he not make mention of any possible side effects>?

I'll try and remember to have a look at Lorazepm in my BNF book.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
No he didnt TD. The chmist asked if the doctor had mentioned anything about operating machinery or driving and I said no.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
'Interesting' is one way to put it. That sounds horrible, both the effects and your crash. Sounds like a proper crash too, not a fiddly little nudge either. Glad you are ok after it.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
'Interesting' is one way to put it. That sounds horrible, both the effects and your crash. Sounds like a proper crash too, not a fiddly little nudge either. Glad you are ok after it.

Truth is I was completely detached from the whole thing. No excitment, nothing. even during the crash.
Just kept nodding off in ambulance. And sitting in the A&E, watching every walk past me in pairs.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Wow! Sorry to hear that Dave. Glad your Ok from it though. Many symapthies for the vehicle. Sounds like a potentially difficult situation.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Wow! Sorry to hear that Dave. Glad your Ok from it though. Many symapthies for the vehicle. Sounds like a potentially difficult situation.

Yeh, cheers Pete. Hes got me on that much drugs, everything just slides right over me..:D..:240:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hmm , thats interesting. I can;t post a link but if you goto

netdoctor and do a search on that drug the side effects may be worth having a chat with your Dr.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I hate to say it but ; pictures or it didn't happen.

Mixing drugs is hazardous and before you decide that it was just simple, be careful that the doctor isn't making a mistake, it happens more regularly than you think, they are only human too, not infallible, aome medical concoctions are terrible, and some overdoses are not spotted.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I hate to say it but ; pictures or it didn't happen.

Mixing drugs is hazardous and before you decide that it was just simple, be careful that the doctor isn't making a mistake, it happens more regularly than you think, they are only human too, not infallible, aome medical concoctions are terrible, and some overdoses are not spotted.

I thnk I was slightly concussed, I only got this photo but I hit a van, scraping its side and knocking our wingmirrors off, and a truck, where i pulled off its entire front flank, then piled into this thing, and pushc]ed it bak through the raiiings to finally stop.

There were many yocals surrounding me with pitchforks. There was a pub at the top of the road whichi tried to reach, but the ambulance tracked me down before i could get there.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nasty stuff, can make you pretty dozy and slow reactions a fair bit. Though different things affect folk in different ways.

Glad you're OK and no-one was hurt. Hopefully get your car fixed up without too many problems.

Good luck,
GB.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
My sympathys Dave, had my fair share of illness and drugs with horrible side effects this last year,hope you get you dose and side effects under control so you can have as normal a life as possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE