Insurance or wavers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Widgy grub

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Hi folks,
So you've found somewhere to play , in negotiations with the land owner....
Do any of you acquire public liability insurance or mention signing a waver so the owner cannot be held responsible if a tree falls on you??

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
By producing public liability farmers are more willing to let you shoot on their land, a waver means ziltch,zero.BASC costs about £15 a year, or if its a class 1 BASA is about the £45 mark but well worth it in my opinion.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
If you hold Public Liability insurance you are not insured against injury, only the Public. Thus the landowner might still suffer financially through his actions or inactions if they affect you. Probably he should hold such insurance if he lets people wander onto his land. However judges have been really sensible recently about natural hazards.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Its the farmer who needs and will already have insurance for any untoward occurrences on his land. He has given you permission to be there

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
What do you want insured for specifically that's bushcraft ?There is nothing that is specifically bushcraft ; injury is injury ;damage is damage; death is death; loss is loss You can insure anything you want for a price.And please don't troll me

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
ozzy was genuinely asking if anyone in here actually has pertinent insurance. Absolutely no "trolling" or sarcasm intended in his asking, and it's a perfectly rational question.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I'm a regular basc member about 40 pound a year for peace of mind.5 million pound cover.but also you're contributing to conservation.in this day and age it's a good idea

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE