Insurance cover??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
Not very bushcrafty but a general question about vehicle insurance.
My S3 Land Rover has eaten another gearbox so will be laid up for a while for rebuild.
My insurance covers me to drive any other vehicle 3rd party.
Can I legally drive my wifes old car that is sat idle as she bought a new (to her) one a month ago? The car in question is MOTd and taxed by her but not currently insured by her (or anyone)
I need transport but don't want to shell out for a no doubt expensive short period of cover if it's not legally necessary.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
No, the other car you will be covered on by your 3rd party insurance must be road legal and that means it must be insured itself; sorry. However, if you call your insurance company you can temporarily transfer your insurance to your wife's car - usually for free but that depends who you're insured with. You sometimes have to do that for small garage courtesy cars. However, if your S3 is still on the road (i.e. parked outside your house) it must remain insured so you wouldn't be able to transfer it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE