Direct Line insurance...how do I fight my insurance company?!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Surprised at this. I have made several claims from them over the years and never had any trouble. Very disappointing:eek:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Cheers Rob, that is very helpful!

A complaint has been lodged with DL's complaints dept. Have been told by Direct Line that NIG have not admitted liability to anyone, neither them, nor any other insurer regarding this incident, so, either DL are telling me porkies, or the other driver has been severely misled by his insurance brokers. I have heard some fresh things about the other guy's brokers from people at work, one being that they can be prematurely over optimistic in what they tell their clients :rolleyes:

Having had a rant at Complaints I have been told that an extension to my courtesy car has been sorted out to cover additional time needed to fix my vehicle, but I will believe that when I hear it from the car company.

I will be contacting the Ombudsman in the next day or so to see what they say and get some ground work done there. I am still mightely unhappy with how the whole system has operated (I can't bring myself to say "worked" :yuck:).

I am still thinking seriously about getting some independent legal advice, thanks to all you guys, and the folks on BB I have a better idea of where to start and what I have to work with than I did just a couple of days ago.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Pleased you're happier and feel you're getting a handle on this Chris :approve:
The courtesy car extension is at least a help for a bit too.
Hope it's all sorted out asap.

I asked my colleague who's daughter works part time at CAB and she said that they provide contact details for Ombudsmen, the traffic police and give information on who to contact about legal claims for reimbursement/ damages. Sorry your local one was so unhelpful.

cheers,
Mary

Seth.Karlo

Aug 11, 2009
Wiltshire
I suggest a large stick and a leisurely walk to your nearest Direct Line branch.

On a slightly more serious note, I'll note down to NOT book my insurance with Direct Line. Best of luck Chris!

-Seth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE