Inspiring books....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fatduck89

Nov 19, 2007
Goffs Oak
I read a really good book recently called Cache Lake Country, the lake is rumored to be in either, Ontario, New Brunswick or Maine. It is about a man who finds the lake of his boyhood dreams, perfect.

It has been reprinted recently and is availble on amazon.co.uk.

The writing isnt cambridge but its simplistic reality can really teleport you from your living from to John Rowlands cabin. Its definatly worth a read.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Anything written by F. Spencer Chapman such as:-

The Jungle is Neutral
Memoirs of a Mountaineer
Watkins Last Expedition

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
'Escape from laos' by dieter dengler grabbed my attention a few years back, for a moment I thought that the film 'rescue dawn' was going to be my prayers answered in a excellent representation of that book, unfortunatley no when you read a website: www.rescuedawnthetruth.com/

All I can say is I hate hollywood more and more, but if you ever get chance to see 'little dieter learns to fly' or read 'escape from laos' it's a tale of survival, quite short and moving too I found.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
educating little tree is a good little classic about an indian boy who is sent back to his granparents and learns the old ways. there is also a true story of girl lost in namibia and adopted by bushmen but i cant remember the name at the moment.

nobody's mentioned any enid blyton books :)

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Ive enjoyed the following Thor Heyerdahls books- Kon Tiki, Fatu Hiva and the Ra Expeditions- All about how man explored the world.
Books on Polar stuff like Endurance, South and Scott.
Survive the Savage Sea, Adrift and 112 days Adrift- Sea survival
SOS wasn't bad about the Army exped to Borneo.
Extreme survival is a good read about how the body copes with disaster/pain/danger though a bit heavy at times.
Not really Bushy but inspirational- Pappillion, Colditz and the Great Escape.
I'rd also vote for The Long Walk and As far as my feet will carry me.
Ta Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE