innards??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
okey dokey! i know this is a bit gross for a sunday morning but this haz puzzled me for a long time. when out and about how many of you trap or hunt whilst wild camping?
if you were to catch something small ie, rabbit, pheasant etc... what do you do with the innards? i dont fancy eating them so how do you dispose of them?

any help as always would be great!

Dan

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm sure the fox would clear up there Dan. Or you could use them as fish bait. I hear eels and those pesky signal crayfish love them.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Take a trowel (or just make a digging stick) and bury them Dan - I certainly never leave any remnants from field dressing around - someones kids might be next along that trail.

Red

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Take a trowel (or just make a digging stick) and bury them Dan - I certainly never leave any remnants from field dressing around - someones kids might be next along that trail.

Red

Fair point Red. I wasn't advocating leaving them on a path though but being a bit discreet as the fox will dig them up anyway.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
In my best Brummie accent, "Ducks love guts!"
It has been told to me on several occasions and I have yet to prove whether it really is the case as I would normally do as British Red says. Untill they are introduced to hunting and field dressing, children should be spared the experience of stumbling through the delights of someone elses discard. I am also informed that the bacteria and enzymes would be beneficial to a dug latrine.

ATB

Ogri the trog

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
Depends where you are. If you are close to habitation where there is the likely event that someone can stumble over them I'd bury them. Elsewhere, ie on the hill I would be inclined to leave them. I was on a BDS day last week and one of the talks on carcass preparation was from a professional stalker who on the land he works on has to leave the gralloch where it is as the land has a bird reserve where the raptors benefit from the left gralloch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE