Ink! ( the skin kind )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Anyone here been inked? I'm sketching out the design for my fourth tattoo at the moment, funny how quickly the memory of four hours in the tattooists chair fades so easily ( mind you she is a very attractive tattooist ).

Realgar

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
A friend of mine owns Indian Ink Tatoo and I've yet to get inked myself. I did take over a copy of "Turtle Island" which is my Avatar and plan on having it put on my left forearm. Plus, my wedding ring which is silver, has an Eagle with it's wings draped around a Buffalo and Bear. If he can fit it so it has some detail, I'd like to get it inked as an armband on my right arm, just below the shoulder.

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
I have the Uffington Horse (my avatar) tattooed on my right shoulder - unfortunately it's black, not white, cos white wouldn't show up on me

On my left shoulder I've got a skull and crossed oars, cos I'm a sculler (hahahaha)

I'm still thinking about my next - no decisions yet, but there's no rush

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
It's amazing how addictive they are. I've only got one, but I've been thinking for ages about what to have done next.

Being a bit of a wuss, nothing too large!

Swampy Matt

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 19, 2004
Midlands
Oh yeah!

Probably my biggest addiction after Bushcraft.

Celtic band on left wrist; sword inside left forearm; skull, face and treble clef on left shoulder.
Tibetan mantra on right forearm; Bison skull + shield on right shoulder.
Small 'tribal' on right thigh (My first)

And my last - Two celtic/tribal wolves facing in towards each other on my chest. This was only done at the beginning of the summer, and i've already got the itch for another!!

It will be a while before i get inked again though, as i'll only have a tattoo that is meaningful to me and I get my brother (an illustrator) to draw the design up for me.

Carcajou Garou

On a new journey
Jun 7, 2004
Canada
I have a tribal tattoo on my left shoulder: three eagle feathers with a bear paw on top (3 standing feathers is the Mohawk crest of the Iroquois head dress, bear paw as my clan) tried to put in as my avatar but does not fit?? on my left arm and shoulder a snapping turtle with a pine tree on it, topped by an eagle with a moon shilouetted behind the top of the tree= Iroquois tree of peace.
Whenever I can afford, a wolf and raven facing the polaris star on top of the left shoulder and a Iroquois tribal band on the lower left arm.
just a thought

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
boaty said:
I have the Uffington Horse (my avatar) tattooed on my right shoulder -

The uffington horse is the celtic symbol for Epona,Goddess of the horse and the root of the word 'Pony' :wink:
I have a chinese dragon on my left shoulder. and I still recall the pain every time I think I want another :shock:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i've got a really unpleasent looking skull on my right arm and a wierd ghost type thing on my left arm, both done about 12 years ago when i was young and foolish and didn't know any better! had one put on the back of my neck about a year ago, it's just some nice script saying "dancer on the midway" very deep and meaningful to me, means ****** all to most other people! got the next two planned but finances don't allow it at the moment.

stuart

Nightfall

Forager
Sep 2, 2004
Nothren Califorina
I have alot of tattoos, too many to list them all.They all have meanings to me,which all tattoos should.Thats one thing that I always tell someone who is thinking about getting one done.But a few that really have strong meanings to me.
Tigers on both biceps,my grandfather gave me the nickname tiger when I was born. Also have a griffen on my chest with a tigers body instead of a lions. Wolf on my left shoulder.Right below my left elbow is a bear paw and below right is wolfs paw. Celtic band also on right arm and another tribal band on the left. A freind of mines wife is a coastal Pomo native from here. She says that it is one of their designs even though I came up with it.The two that mean the most to me are both on my right forearm. My daughters hand print done like a cave painting hand print where they spit the paint. And my sons foot print off his birth certifict. Both of them also has the kids names.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Slightly off topic: No, but got a lot of scars (mom says unfortunately :roll: ). One scar is 10 cm. long next to my stomach. That is a memory of one of the best comrades I've ever had. It's a long story how I got it.

I have a scar on the one side of my nose. I got bitten in the nose by my old dog (it's dead now) and it's a great memory of him :cry: . (I wonder when Robin's gonna bite? :roll: ). Wan't a memory of him too! :shock:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have a little smiley face on my left shoulder blade... I got it from a friend in Chicago... we had 4 litres of baileys one night, went to Wal*Mart and picked up some sewing needles and indian ink... spent the next 3 days in a pay by the hour hotel that looked like it was the bates motel.

I don't think i'll be getting any more... as I have flash backs of a drunken giggling girl pushing the needle in about 1cm at times... good job I was drunk.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
i have a little scorpion on my right arm :wink: and a sort of native american/celtic design on the other, and a native american buffalo skull on my back, looking for a couple on my chest real soon..

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I have an eagle on my left foreman, it was put there by a mate many moons ago.
On my right arm I have a snake, it's a skin rip design, the tail is on my wrist and the head is on my shoulder.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
How much is a tattoo?

I was thinking of a small outline of a dragon, in black, on my shoulder.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
i always wanted one on the bottom of my foot.. i have no idea why or of what... but i am told that it is the most painful place to have it done.. any one else heard that?

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Foot is supposed to be very unpleasant, you can get products called ametop and emla which are local anaesthetics, of the two emla is better as it contracts blood vessels limiting bruising and bleeding. Jade won't touch me again unless I agree to use it - the rib cage on a thin person is not very comfortable and she still remembers the needles grating against my collar bone on the last session but one.

My inks - I'll get a photo done at some point, I've got a henbane, wood nightshade and deadly nightshade on the top left of my torso. These are to be joined by a datura strammonium, a couple of wasps and a cinnabar moth at some point.

I'd like to get something small done the old way - any one know what the suitable pigments are?, I'm guessing fine ground charcoal for black and a really really sharp piece of my ivory. Uh, disclaimer - If I do try this one ( which is idiotic ) I will be asking a professional tatooist to assist, it takes me 4-6 months to settle on design for the next bit. Kids don't start arsing around with biros and compass needles you'll get badly infected and probably develop a reaction to the ink.

Realgar

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
Basically anywhere with lots of nerve endings, or where there isn't much padding over the bone, is painful

As well as having lots of nerve endings, the bottom of the foot is subject to lots of wear and tear, as well as a pretty hostile environment for healing. Talk to a good tattooist to get some better informed advice, and choose a time when you could put your bare feet up for a week or so! I have seen pictures of tattoos on feet, so it's not impossible

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
I've got 3... tho 2 don't really count as they're my blood group and only 1cm x 1cm. Larger one on my deltoid is the emblem of the personal bodyguard to a Japanese shogun. Will be getting another one sometime soon when the Mrs finishes the design as she's very talented that way...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE