Indian Crooked Knife.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,i made this over the last couple of days and i thought you may like a look see.
I am not much in the way of knife nut as i just see them as cutting tools.Anyway i have been after a Indian crook knife for some time,and i looked on the net for one,but there does'nt seem to be many makers of them. So i decided to make my own.
I used a cheap file that i bought from a pound shop,thats been in the shed for a while.I used a butane torch to soften the metal,then ground it,and today i tempered the blade and carved the handle,which is Willow.

Anyway heres my first knife. Oh its a left hander,me being a south paw and all.

The blade is four and a half inches long.
crookknife3.jpg

crookknife2.jpg

crookknife.jpg

Well i'm quite pleased with the results,and it has saved me a few quid.

Thanks for looking.
Cheers Stuart.

Last edited:

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
Very nice bro. You say this is your first attempt? It looks like a pro job to me. Well done. Try your hand at a few more you got skills. Don't forget to share the work is produces

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using Tapatalk

Jaymzflood

Nomad
Mar 1, 2011
Swansea
Mate thats really good, maybee a newby question, but how did you get the metal into the handle and fix it there? underneath the string im guessing are a few drill holes?

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,thanks for the kind comments.

Mate thats really good, maybee a newby question, but how did you get the metal into the handle and fix it there? underneath the string im guessing are a few drill holes?

Hi Jay,i just drilled a hole into the handle and put the covered blade in a vice ,then tapped the handle onto the tang.
The drill bit should be slightly narrower than the tang of the blade,when drilling the hole.

I hope this helps.
Cheers Stuart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE