Increase in 4x4 value

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I was talking to some people yesterday about how the worth of my defender is more right now than it's been for a long while due to the weather, i even thought about selling it (and the one i have for spares) and picking up another one in the summer when the nation will have them again :D

Anyone thought about this? or thought about buying a 4x4 because of the weather?

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Nah, I've driven on ice, six inches of snow and everything inbetween over the past few weeks in my Citroen C3 (1.4 Diesel) and had nae bother except occasional drift on big corners. All the high torque driving has got my fuel consumption up to 53mpg too, I'd like to see you do that in your tractor.

The good traction I've had is probably helped by a full set of new tyres in November, they're just broken in.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
I was having the same thought about values the other day. I expect that the Disco in the corner of many a car lot has been given a bit of extra TLC in the last few weeks and may have been out for the odd test drive.

I have been doing shopping runs in the defender for the people who live near us - otherwise they would have been drinking black tea and coffee :)

Our lane is pretty frozen at the moment still, very few vehicles other than 4x4s being able to get through. This isn't the case anymore - as a bulker is stuck half way up a hill about half a mile from the main road. I think the driver is probably bored of sleeping in his cab by now.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I was talking to some people yesterday about how the worth of my defender is more right now than it's been for a long while due to the weather, i even thought about selling it (and the one i have for spares) and picking up another one in the summer when the nation will have them again :D

Anyone thought about this? or thought about buying a 4x4 because of the weather?

I'd wait until we get the gulf stream back first. :D

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Land Rovers will always keep their value, I looked at a 1992 defender Tdi in October, 125k on the clock - seller wanted £3 grand for it! In the end I bought a low mileage Mitsubishi L200 single cab pickup for four grand, which is much better for what I want (hauling logs and brash around), but its value will nosedive as soon as it hits 100,000 miles. I got the whole Land Rover thing out of my system through having used them for years working for the National Trust, but for something that is uncomfortable to drive and has leaky doors, they are definately a sound investment.

Leonidas

Settler
Oct 13, 2008
Briton
www.mammothblades.com
Mines a comfy Land Rover AKA Range Rover...
Not getting rid as only dropped a brand new stage 1 chipped...V8 into it 18 months ago....

Mind you ...the engine is worth more than the car (Standard for a rangie :lmao: )

Tom

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
Keeping my 110 for a bit longer, got us out today to the MILs, fortunately didn't have to use it to tow any Citreon C3s from the hedges and ditches, or any other car for that matter, but has the ability to do so if needed, it isn't just a case of being the vehicle to keep me going, but useful for getting others going as well, not something easily done with anything less than a 4 X 4 vehicle of any type, though no doubt someone will say otherwise:lmao:

Ground clearance good for going to places where a "normal" car doesn't like going, had to put mine out of the road a few times to let less capable cars use the road where they are more comfortable, rather than in two foot drifts on the grass verges three feet off the side of the narrow country roads.

Yes it only does 12MPG, but heck mine is so much more environmentally friendly than almost everyone elses everyday car.:D

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
just befor the bad weather I was going to part ex my disco for a small more economical van, if I'd sold it I'd be in the poo right now.
it may do 10 - 15mpg less than the smaller vehicle but at least it gets me to work

Ian

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Keeping my 110 for a bit longer, got us out today to the MILs, fortunately didn't have to use it to tow any Citreon C3s from the hedges and ditches, or any other car for that matter, but has the ability to do so if needed, it isn't just a case of being the vehicle to keep me going, but useful for getting others going as well, not something easily done with anything less than a 4 X 4 vehicle of any type, though no doubt someone will say otherwise:lmao:

Yes it only does 12MPG, but heck mine is so much more environmentally friendly than almost everyone elses everyday car.:D

ROFL. :lmao: :rolleyes:

My own SWMBO was eyeing up a landy yesterday, a clunky old 110 it was too. watch this space, i might end up with one after all. of course being the tree hugging libertine that I am I'd have to have it running on biofuel.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I'm getting an R reg 2.8TD Shogun on Sat from a dealer after getting advice on a fair price from my local mechanic.

He says he's noticed prices for all cars at the markets and auctions of late seem to have risen a good bit.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i'm selling my best asset. my series 3 swb hard top 88inch diesel landrover. its been lots of fun owning, driving and maintaining the old girl but its time to say goodbye. its a 2.25 diesel 1974. blue. new bits:- battery, breaks and cylinders, mirrors, master cylinders, checker plate wingtops, door hinges and a door top, loads of small bits, i'm asking £900, its in tamerton foliot, plymouth. call me if your interested on 07510154130.

ragamuffin

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2009
plymouth
i'm selling my best asset. my series 3 swb hard top 88inch diesel landrover. its been lots of fun owning, driving and maintaining the old girl but its time to say goodbye. its a 2.25 diesel 1974. blue. new bits:- battery, breaks and cylinders, mirrors, master cylinders, checker plate wingtops, door hinges and a door top, loads of small bits, i'm asking £900, its in tamerton foliot, plymouth. call me if your interested on 07510154130.

i'm a tit. its actually a 1976.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE