In Which Tengu Plots and Schemes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
Cananda you could go to Banff for under £500 for two weeks.

Or you coauld go to Ontairio go dog sledding, ice fishing, snow shoeing in Algonquin park... iM off there in 18 days...

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Tengu said:
I dont think Australia (anyhow, it doesnt exist; its just something dreamed up by the classical geographers to balance the continents in the northern hemisphere...)

LOL :D :D :D :D

Don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket, you can only spend it once.

If it's the seaside I can reccomend SW Ireland. You can fly to Cork for peanuts with Ryanair and see some stunning atlantic coastline, really friendly part of the world too.

NW Spain (Galicia/Asturias - Green Spain, not arid) has fantastic mountains, glorious coast and glorious sunny weather (think idyllic english summer). No tourists. You can fly to Santiago for peanuts again and there is a superb regional rail network. I've wild camped all over and farmers are more interested in having a chat and inviting you back to the house for dinner than telling you to clear off. In fact, to quote one I asked for permission "Camp where you like, no-one bothers about that sort of thing round here"

Me and Mrs Scoops are spending three weeks there in May, £350 for both of us including flights, airport parking and car hire. (Accomodation = tent).

Have a really good trip!

Scoops

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hmmm, geology and kayaking and bushcraft......come North :D
Highland boundary fault runs right through the Trossachs, Loch Lomond and the islands are beautiful, legal camping and responsible firelighting too. There are Scottish bushcraft/ Survival schools, and a tracking one too, all available for well under your budget. :cool: Lots of history, archaeology, easy transport links, and if we know you're coming locals will come for a meet up too if you're up for it :)
Have you had a look at the Song of the Paddle site? Lots of good advice for where to wander by boat on there.
Hope whatever you decide is good.
cheers,
Toddy

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Tengu said:
Who does a good course like that? Its certainly an idea.

I still like the idea of Dorsets coast, but will leave it for now as that wont cost much. I was thinking somewhere or something that would need money.

Id like to see some of GBs islands, as I have read a lot about them and have never had the opportunity to go there.

How about this one Tengu ............ http://woodcraft-school.co.uk/wild-foods.htm

Can't recommend the school enough.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
John Dixon said:
Cananda you could go to Banff for under £500 for two weeks.

Or you coauld go to Ontairio go dog sledding, ice fishing, snow shoeing in Algonquin park... iM off there in 18 days...

Is Ontairio in Cananda? :D

Only messing! :joke:

But, I'm interested in getting to Banff for under 500 quid! I'm keen to do some ice climbing there and haven't found any flights for a reasonable sum. Who did you book through?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I found this and it looks quite good.

Other operators advertise their boats as ones with seats and you dont have to sit on the tubes.

I thought that was part of the fun of a jet boat?

Several people in my village have these boats prominently on their drives; as I said, we are 60 miles from the sea

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Tengu said:
I found this and it looks quite good.

Other operators advertise their boats as ones with seats and you dont have to sit on the tubes.

I thought that was part of the fun of a jet boat?

Several people in my village have these boats prominently on their drives; as I said, we are 60 miles from the sea

Found what Tengu?

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
Mikey P said:
Is Ontairio in Cananda? :D

Only messing! :joke:

But, I'm interested in getting to Banff for under 500 quid! I'm keen to do some ice climbing there and haven't found any flights for a reasonable sum. Who did you book through?

sorry cant type well. i booked through Bargain holidays.com and it was delivered through Crystals, I went to Banff snow boarding and dog sledding for two weeks. it cost £435 flights, hotel and transfers. went in Jan...

Bearclaw

Jan 9, 2007
Bedfordshire
Sweden and Finland Fly over and get out in the wilderness there, fan - funking - tastic places.

Or

Givve me the money and i'll be your personal butler for a month :D

sten

Jan 13, 2007
the dreaded 'burbs
Tengu said:
Comming into a small windfall...most will be for debt paying, but there will be a bit left over (approx £1000)

Id like to get out and experience something completley different.

Has anyone any suggestions?

If it were my money, its nearly $2000, that goes quite a long way in the USA. I'd look at tom browns tracker school. or 'the sacred hunt' course run by past skills?
http://www.trackerschool.com/ http://pastskills.com/about.html
have fun out there. :cool:

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Mikey P said:
......I'm interested in getting to Banff for under 500 quid! I'm keen to do some ice climbing there and haven't found any flights for a reasonable sum. Who did you book through?

Mikey

I've ice-climbed in the Banff area on several trips. You best bet for a cheap flight is during the ski season, get on one of the ski charter flights into Calgary. If you can hold your nerve you can get mega short-notice deals - I've flown for £99 return before. Have a trip to Norway / Sweden as your back-up plan!

PM me if you want to discuss and maybe borrow a guide book or two. You've probably missed the water-ice / cheap ski flights season now, but there's always the alpine.

Cheers

Rat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE