Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
e9334cb011655a569020d8e373c1f065.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a really lovely looking machine, and they have a great reputation for quality stitching and reliability; I hope you have a whole lot of fun with it :)

sausage100uk

Settler
May 4, 2013
United Kingdom
Make sure you get the right needles! They are different for leather, denim (the ones i use for canvas) and normal fabrics. Guterman threads are the best and come in just about every colour under the sun. My singer hand crank with a new needle will go through three layers of 1mm leather no problem!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's good to hear. What thickness could it deal with? canvas? leather?

As said above, use the right needles and thread for the job; that being a given, with a handcrank you'll usually be able to stitch whatever will fit comfortably under the foot. The great thing about non-motorised machines is you're not going to break or damage anything, (motor burning out etc.) , it'll either stitch it or it won't. Best practice is to use a few offcuts of what you're intending to work with and play with them to get everything right before you start on the real workpiece. There really is a massive amount of help on the net, youtube has some excellent sewing vids., and there are people on here with a good deal of expertise.

Just don't ask Sonni for any help after the leathering he's had the past few days! :)

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
theyre not purses!!! theyre big butch beastly braceletty boy-bags!!!:)

ok....schmetz....size 16 is good for thicker fabrics...get a pack for canvas and leather....easily found on ebay, coupla squid a pack...

s

Afraid of the competition huh? Don't want someone else muscling on on the lucrative purse market...

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
well thats exactly the sort of behaviour i'd expect from someone who doesnt use a 201.

you'll be buying a flippin' New Home next.

mac, we need to talk mate.....to be perfectly honest i dont think people like this should even be allowed on bcuk...

I've ordered some beige gutterman just to be controversial.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE