in the process - new bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi m8s!
recently i moved to a new house, and in the process i "stumbled" on a blade y bought to a knife maker friend of mine a few years back. I had totally forgot about that blade till recently, so i decided to add a handle to it.
i used incense wood and brass pins. i don't remember the steel is made of, i am sure is carbon steel, probably 5160 .
the blade is about 10 or 11 cm long and about 3.5 mm thick
the handle fills my hand pretty well
i am in the process of applying some more finish to the wood (lineseed oil) and griding the back of the blade a little so it has an edge to use the firesteel

DSCN0553.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/esteban.soler/NewBushcraft

do you think i should change the blade tip a little? or not?
also what kind of sheath would you do? i am thinking about a pouch style with multiple carrying options, but not really sure yet.

Cheers
Esteban

Last edited:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
That knife looks good to me goodjob. Why change the tip? Personally, I'd use the knife as it is, and after you got used to using it, you can always do some changes then. Or make another one...:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE