In hospital

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Do your physio, don't overdo it, knees are complicated.

Just be really careful not to stuff it up, a physiotherapist once said to me "it is like darning in a sock, you try to hard and tear all that darning before it is finished". So don't do more than they say.

I don't believe in taking pain meds unless necessary. Pain tells you when you are doing damage, that's useful.

In september I had an osteotomy, graft and plate of my radius, graft was taken from my pelvis. That was on Thursday. I was commuting to work (cycling to the train station) and working at a desk by monday.
Be cautious, and gentle and it's ok.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Listen to the fizzioterrorists Janne, they helped me through my knee problems after 'going under the knife' to fix them (the knees that is).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This getting older lark isn't for cowards, is it ? :sigh:
Every damned silly thing we did in our youth suddenly rears it's head and says, "Mind you thought it was fun ??, well you're not laughing now!"

Sorry it's been a sore time, and that though it's healing it still has limitations.
I hope the Summer helps it all settle well though.

Right now my back and hip are a crippling misery :/ and I watch the children running around and climbing everything in sight and remember how it felt to have joints that were spring loaded and tireless :D To run all day long, and sleep curled up all night long.

A new boat sounds like something to look forward to, no ? :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE