Importing Khukuri/Kukri from Nepal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fast celt

Forager
Aug 9, 2005
West Yorkshire
As a yound lad I rember my dad had a British army issue Khukuri/Kukri which he used all the time camping or in the garden, until one day I got hold of it and broke the tip of the blade. Don't ask how need less to say i did some thing really dumb, I would'nt do now.
I now am thinking of buying one for bushcraft and maybe another to replace the one I broke 40 years ago.
I was wondering if any body could tell me about how the law and HM Customs and excise stand on this matter. :dunno:

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
From Tora:
A good choice, on the small side, would be the BSI1.
Bigger, but not over the top and my favourite, the WW2.
In between, slender and lightweight, the 12,5 Gurkha Sirupate.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
fast celt,
If you pay the air fare I'll go to Nepal and get one for you! There is a superb Nepalese army shop in Kathmando where you can buy the whole range at very reasonable prices. I bought a couple there a few years ago and had no tyrouble getting them into the UK. I did phone HM Customs and they indicated that as long as they were safely wrapped and in the hold luggage that would be OK. :)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
xairbourne said:
Tidy just been on the site and reserved myself one, lets wait n see how it goes went for the British army one.

Mate - off topic I know - but - there really isnt a 'u' in airborne - honest

Cheers

Nick

(ex Royal Engineers airborne)

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
xairbourne said:
Tidy just been on the site and reserved myself one, lets wait n see how it goes went for the British army one.

Please keep in mind that the Army Issue Kukris have gotten much smaller in the last fifty years!
A current BSI would look like a child`s knife compared with those old ones.
Otherwise, good choice!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE