Imagine Money Were No Object...

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
A nice cottage, a few acres, a stream, a wood fired range, my battered old chair (which still has scars on the arms from the previous owner cutting plug tobacco up), my whistling kettle. Mug of tea, socks on and boots by the door. Bread rising in the oven. Running a few courses in a "just for the beer money" way.

Oh and BB popping a roast in the oven.

Later this year with luck - next year otherwise

Not very Bushcrafty I guess - but a few woods to play in and hills to walk on are just outside - the occasional mate can camp in my field and we can shoot the breeze over a fire and a few flagons of home brew (please don't spill any - it kills the grass).

Red

(oh woooouldnnnt it be lurverly)
That would suit me fine as long as I'd got room for a vegetable plot (suitably fenced against rabbits) and, a mandatory item for all countrymen,....a SHED...:D

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i would be happy with a canadian canoe and a trip down a river with some like minded friends but as we have no rivers here it will have to be a dream

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
The most precious "thing" of all: lots of free time :D Not too much money: I wouldn't know what to do with it :confused: Beside, look at all those rich people, they are not really much happier because of it, are they?? Oh, and, like falcon, a shed! Couldn't do without being able to make things!!!

I like this thread!

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
I would buy time!

I fourth (does the word exist?) that...

If that wasn't possible I'd buy Canada and the US, and throw all people out my new private property :D

Mike

Your welcome to buy the USA, I"m sure you would be a better neighbour, But the Japanese already own them. (I apologize to the nice Americans who also visit this site, I don't mean you! :rolleyes: )
CANADA IS OURS!!!
But happy to have you visit any time!
:beerchug:

Wait a minute, I call Dibs on Alaska and The Aloha state... You may have the rest!

If You got all your Estates and wood lands in England and we owned North America, I would make it manditory to have " Bushcraft exchange Visits " between all us

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
A nice cottage, a few acres, a stream, a wood fired range, my battered old chair (which still has scars on the arms from the previous owner cutting plug tobacco up), my whistling kettle. Mug of tea, socks on and boots by the door. Bread rising in the oven. Running a few courses in a "just for the beer money" way.

Oh and BB popping a roast in the oven.

Later this year with luck - next year otherwise

Not very Bushcrafty I guess - but a few woods to play in and hills to walk on are just outside - the occasional mate can camp in my field and we can shoot the breeze over a fire and a few flagons of home brew (please don't spill any - it kills the grass).

Red

(oh woooouldnnnt it be lurverly)

Luverly indeed Red - count me in for a piece of that pie :approve:

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
All your Canada are belong to us :D

I like the idea of mandatory bushcraft exchange.

I reconsidered my idea, I'd be glad with Vancouver Island, deal? :p :beerchug:

Mike

Well It is beautiful, but I can't be too greedy ...ok But I still get fishing rights!
Now then, how to divy up Sweden, Norway, Northern Scottland ( My Mother Was born and raised in Dubblin ) and the Amazon River Basin?

:lmao: :lmao:

climberslacker

Forager
Jan 14, 2008
USA
Your welcome to buy the USA, I"m sure you would be a better neighbour, But the Japanese already own them. (I apologize to the nice Americans who also visit this site, I don't mean you! :rolleyes: )
CANADA IS OURS!!!
But happy to have you visit any time!
:beerchug:

Wait a minute, I call Dibs on Alaska and The Aloha state... You may have the rest!

If You got all your Estates and wood lands in England and we owned North America, I would make it manditory to have " Bushcraft exchange Visits " between all us

Heyyy!! I live in America, i do believe that we have flaws, but can i still live hear, mabye move up north a little ( I live in souther california, not he best for bushcraft) PLEASE!!! you can have my little brother if you want, he makes a great slave!!

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
Heyyy!! I live in America, i do believe that we have flaws, but can i still live hear, mabye move up north a little ( I live in souther california, not he best for bushcraft) PLEASE!!! you can have my little brother if you want, he makes a great slave!!

Thanks for the offer of your Brother as a slave, however THAT is a part of our history that doesn't need revisiting, lol. However, I feel the offer was in earnest, so I will not vote you off the Island!
:D

Nov 12, 2007
Canada
Interesting. With money as no object, the vast majority of you decided buying huge gobs of land as most important, followed by time to enjoy it.
Has anyone here on these forums thought long and hard on the idea of you all pooling your money together and buying a largish chunk of relatively wild land central to all of you in the UK? I understand 'wildish' land is hard to come by in your lovely island, but assuming you dont all have gobs of money already invested in a mortgage and such, the buying power of BCUK forum members must be considerable.
Failing that you could buy cheap land here in Canada(I'd be more than glad to be your broker ;) ) Northern Ontario has so much wilderness, that you could literally plop down all of greater London in it, and no one would bump into each other for a whole year...
Now there's a thought...
Cheers
Alex, ready to sell off Canada to the highest bidder... :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Can you sort the visas out too for Canada Alex ?

Like you say, getting property isn`t a problem in Canada but actually getting your foot in the door to start with is tough.

We came over last year and fell in love with BC, we`ve looked at houses and they are very reasonable but getting the old visa is hard work.

My wife`s Head of Design in a Sixth form college, and I`ve got 12 years IT networking experience so you would have thought we could sail straight in. NO

Rich

Nov 12, 2007
Canada
Shewie, I don't understand why, but it seems difficult for folks from the UK to emmigrate over here. Without sounding political or biggoted, we let in over a 1/4 million riff raff from everywhere each and every year, yet, considering that we(Canada) are still part of the Commonwealth you would think folks from the UK would be first in line. When I take over Canada, I'll make sure people from the fair isle get in first.
As an aside BC is truely spectacular, and I would consider retiring there if they would know what to do with an old fart like me. My younger brother and wife live in the town of Kelowna in the Okanagan valley in the interior of the province, its expanding in size, and I would think would need folks of your calibre.
All I can say is keep trying, you and all the other BCUK folks are always welcome. When I'm King here, I'll make some changes... :D
Cheers
Alex

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
I'll happily manage a small fiefdom on your behalf when you're king, don't want to be greedy, how about Nova Scotia?

Nov 12, 2007
Canada
I'll happily manage a small fiefdom on your behalf when you're king, don't want to be greedy, how about Nova Scotia?

Nova Scotia is yours! And since you are my first vassal(ahem, customer) I'll throw in Prince Edward Island for free!
Now, only a handfull of provinces to go...for those who are interested I've got Newfoundland going at a bargain rate...
Cheers
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE