I'm Mad About Wool Blankets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
thanks for the info looks pretty good and better still no alterations needed to the blanket, i had a picture in my head of more of a mexican/ clint eastwood type poncho, would anyone know how to make one of these, I though of simply cutting a slit half way down for my head to pop through, stitched round to stop in fraying.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I've just followed the instructions posted using an old moth-eaten wool blanket I've had a few years. It works a treat. I'm sat at my computer typing this wrapped up in it and hoping the missus or my teenage son don't come in!

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
thanks for the info looks pretty good and better still no alterations needed to the blanket, i had a picture in my head of more of a mexican/ clint eastwood type poncho, would anyone know how to make one of these, I though of simply cutting a slit half way down for my head to pop through, stitched round to stop in fraying.

Hi, Alan. My second post has some tips on making a classic pull-over poncho from a blanket.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

p.s. Yes, wearing a Matchcoat does have a way of making you look somewhat like a refugee, but they sure are warm/comfy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE